your life

the colour has drained away. You feel nothing, you're just empty. numb. you look around you. everybody is breathing and laughing and watching you drown. maybe you should stop breathing. just end it. end the struggle, the infinite loop of each day being the same pointless day. you wrote your note. not that anyone would care. you sit in the bathroom, door locked, pill bottle in your hand. you feel calm, at peace with the world. you take each pill, shoving them down your throat, never to be seen again, sinking down the dark void inside of you. you lie on the floor, and fall asleep. memories flash by, in a  dream. you hear that whisper, see that cruel smirk and each picture that passes in front of you pierces your heart like swords. but then, something new appears. a sibling, a family member, who loves you. a friend, who you let go of, to 'protect' them, even though they just wanted to help. a pet, the animal that loves you unconditionally. your parents run into the bathroom and see you sprawled and cold on the floor. their hearts tear in to a million pieces. they blame themselves, saying they should have known. their beautiful child, gone, having taken their own life. they would give anything to start again, to help. the world crumbles around them, and then they understand, and so does everybody who loves you. they know why you killed yourself, because now they want to too.