8

Eve POV

It's the Saturday before Harry is supposed to go to California and we're on the couch talking.

"I'm not going," He tells me. My eyes look to my boyfriend who has serious expression on his face.

"Yes you are," I repeat.

"Eve, I don't want something to happen to you while I'm away for a week. I'm staying here with you and during this week then we're going to look for a new apartment," Harry states.

"They're important meetings you need to attend," I say. "You have to go,"

"I can do a Skype call or some shit," He comes up with.

"Harry-"

"Eve, I'm not leaving you alone for a week knowing that they're people here working for John. Something can happen to you,"

"I'll ask Kris to stay with me for a week, or I can ask to stay with her," I come up with.

He gives me a look which makes me shrug. "I feel sick knowing we live in a building that is not safe for you. I will feel even more sick being across the country away from you, no I'm not going," Harry says again. "Plus, John knows where Kris lives and something can happen to you there as well."

I bite my lip and fidget with my fingers. "What if I ask if I can stay at my Dad's house for a week?" I ask.

Harry looks at me. "You aren't even on speaking terms with him, Eve."

"Well, February is in a week so I guess cutting it back one week won't do harm," I say. "Please just go. I don't want you to miss these meetings because of me,"

"It will all be simpler if I don't go," My boyfriend says.

"But you need to go," I say. "And I want you to. I will be fine, okay?" His eyes look into mine.

His eyes close and he tugs his hand through his hair. I lean in and kiss his cheek. "You'll ask your Dad if you can stay with him?"

"I'll ask my Dad. I can call him now,"

"If you want to come here you have someone go with you," His voice is still serious.

"I will,"

"Eve, I mean it." His jaw is tense.

"And I'm saying I will have someone go with me if I need to get something from here," I rest my hands on top of his. "Relax, okay?"

"I can't relax because I can't lose you too," My heart drops at his words. I wrap my arms around my boyfriend and he hugs me back tightly. His lips kiss my cheek and he presses his head against mine.

"I love you," I say to Harry.

"I love you more Eve," His fingers stroke my back.

***

Before dinner I call up my Dad, who I wasn't expecting to call any time soon.

Anna is almost done with dinner and I want to get this call over with before I eat something.

He picks up on the second ring which makes me surprised. "Hey Eve," My Dad says. His voice sounds happy.

"Hi," I say. "Are you busy?"

"No, not at all," He says. "Is everything okay?"

"Uh," I pause. "Sort of um, Harry's going to California tomorrow for a week and doesn't want me here alone..." I start explaining why, which means I have to talk about John and how he has eyes on me everywhere.

After I'm done talking my Dad remains silent. "How can he manage to know all of this from inside of jail?"

"I assume he has people," I murmur. "Harry doesn't want me to stay here alone considering. I told him I would ask you if I could stay at your house for the week so I'm not alone in the apartment,"

"Yeah of course you can stay here," My Dad says instantly. "I wouldn't want you there alone,"

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude,"

"No you won't be intruding," He says to me.

"Okay, thanks," I murmur. "I'm taking Harry to the airport tomorrow morning at like four, um so is going to your house around six alright? I'm also going to have Doug with me" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll be up around then anyways. And Doug is welcomed any time," I smile to myself.

"Okay cool, thanks again."

"No need," Our conversation soon ends and I put my phone on my mattress.

I walk to the kitchen and see Harry scrolling on his phone. "My Dad said I could stay with him," I say to my boyfriend. He looks up at me and smiles softly.

"Okay, great." Harry says. "I've found some apartments already. I made appointments to see them on Tuesday of next week,"

"I don't think you want to see apartments on your birthday," I say with a tilted head.

"The quicker we get a new apartment, the better I'll feel," I bite my lip.

"I'm sorry that I'm making us move and all," I feel guilty that Harry is being affected by John as well.

"It's not your fault. And your problems are my problems. Don't put any blame on yourself when you haven't done anything wrong," I smile weakly and look away from his stare. Harry kisses my cheek.

I don't want him to go. But he needs to go for work. I just haven't been away from him for days and I don't think I'll like it, especially considering I only sleep well with him beside me. But maybe we need some space from each other and this will be good.

I don't know anymore, all I know is that I want this week to be over with.

A://N

LAST CHAPTER OF THE DAY LOL

I got bored so here's another update lol

Comment goal: 30ish????

thank you again for reading !

~lauren