113

Harry POV

I walk into an unfamiliar room where I hear a sound of a loud sob coming from someone.

My eyebrows are knotted and I'm overall confused.

I see Eve on the floor of the hospital room crying into her hands. A nurse is siting beside her, and she's just supporting my wife.

"Eve why are you crying?" I ask her nervously. Her head just shakes and her eyes look to the nurse who looks sad.

"We did everything we can," The woman besides Eve replies in a gentle voice.

What?

I kneel down besides Eve and reach out for her hand.

My hand goes through her.

What?

I stand back up and feel my heart pound against my chest roughly. I look to the bed and see myself. The heart monitor is on flatline.

I died.

No. No. No.

I turn around and see Jane standing in the doorframe. Her eyes are gloomy and her head shakes. "I-I didn't choose this," I say with shaky breaths. "This isn't what I wanted."  My voice raises. My hand tugs through my hair and I feel sick.

"You didn't try hard enough then," My late wife replies.

"Hard enough? I want to be with my wife and our daughter. I-I didn't want to stay here as a fucking ghost. No. I w-want to b-be with Eve," My voice is tense and my words are coming out in a stutter.

"Harry-" I cut off Jane.

"No! I want my wife. I want to see her and hold her. I don't want to be a ghost a-and see her like this," Tears are running down my cheeks now. "I'm not ready to leave Eve," My words are choked up and I feel sick. "Jane what do I do?" I ask.

Her face is blank and her shoulders shrug. "I can't help you. I-I didn't go through this," She pauses. "Meaning I didn't have a choice, you did, and maybe still do. Just keep thinking about what you want," She says in a soft, supportive voice.

I turn around and look to Eve who's still crying. "I-I can't touch her right?" I ask Jane.

"No," She answers. "You just watch,"

I sit besides Eve on the floor and just watch her. Her loud crying makes my heart break into a million pieces. I rest my hand on her thigh and feel nothing. My hand just goes through causing me to jerk.

I shake my head and gulp down the lump in my throat. My eyes screw shut and I think about what I want.

I want to be alive.

I want to be with my family.

I don't want to die yet, I want to live.

I keep repeating these things until I'm in a steady pattern. I try to focus on this and not what just happened to me.

Please, don't let it be too late for me.

These words keep on going through my head without be even thinking about it. It's all I can hear and or think about. I can't hear my wife's sobs over my late self. I just hear the words I was repeating previously.

Soon, all I see is darkness.

Eve POV

I feel dead in the inside.

All I can't think about is one of the nurses say "time of death 15:22,".

My body is tense and weak. I feel like I'm hyperventilating because I can't breath and the nurse beside me is starting to worry because she keeps telling me to take deep breaths so I don't pass out. Maybe passing out would be good because I don't have to think about Harry dying

That last sentence sends shivers up my spine.

My brain is throbbing with pain as well as my heart.

What startles me, as well as the nurse beside me is the sound of the machine working again. My eyes dart up from my hands and I look to the heart monitor. I wipe my eyes that are filled with tears and see his heart rate go up again.

My eyes screw shut and I lean forward, still crying. This time me crying for once is out of pure relief.

"He's waking up," A different nurse comments which makes my body go numb and my heart drop with happiness.

I slowly stand back up, and look to Harry. I see his eyes are open and the nurse is taking the tube out of his throat that was once breathing for him. He starts to cough loudly, and his hands grip the sheets under him from coughing too hard.

The nurse who was helping me rushes out of the room to get him water.

I'm standing across the room, stunned.

He's awake.

A://N

Most likely the last chapter of the night.

Hehe

comment goal: 50?

~lauren (: