one

"Oh, come on, Grey," Lucille's raspy voice pleaded. She walked her friend desperately. "It's not too bad of an idea."

Greyson turned around to look at her best friend with her eyebrows raised. "Luce, if I had heard that idea from anyone but you," she paused briefly, "well, I'd think they were born yesterday." She turned around and continued walking.

"Nice attitude," Lucy muttered to herself. She wasn't really the sharpest tool in the shed, but she'd thought this plan through. A lot. She was really confident with this idea.

"Please just hear me out," Lucy asked one last time in her humblest, sincerest voice.

Greyson sighed defeatedly as she stopped and turned to face Lucielle. "You know, you're real manipulative."

She grinned hopefully. "Is that a yes?"

Grey sat down on the curb. She focused her dark blue eyes on Lucy. "Better tell me your plan before I change my mind," she warned.

"Okay, so what I was thinking was that if we skate backwards and play something simple, coach'll see us and he'll reconsider us for the team. Or at least we'll do the play in front of his wife's cafe, and she'll tell coach," Lucy rambled quickly, her excitement poking through the serious façade she tried to front.

Greyson shook her head, thinking the idea through. "I don't know," she replied reluctantly. "Usually when you plan things with that crazy look in your eye, the plan doesn't go too swell."

Lucy's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She open her mouth to argue, but was abruptly cut off.

"I mean, do you really think Mrs. Donicci would bring that up to him?" she questioned as she ran her small hands through her dark blonde hair. "I know she's a blab, but hockey doesn't really interest her."

Lucy frowned. She was starting to doubt herself. "Well, anything's impressive if it's backwards," she said as if she were trying to convince herself more than she was trying to convince Grey. She started to play with the ends of her honey brown hair. "Please. Lets just try this. It's better to go down fighting—"

"—Than just giving up," Greyson finished. A smile grew on her pale face. "I hate when you use my own words against me." She laughed shortly. "Lets go get our gear," she said as she stood up and started walking to their home.

Lucy grinned from ear to ear. She skipped along next to her best friend. She had a good feeling about today, while Greyson couldn't be more nervous. Something big was going to happen. What it was, they didn't know.