01 | What the f***

With 'Monster' by EXO blasting in my headphones, sun shining, and a fluttering feeling in my stomach; I walk casually downtown somewhere in Sweden on my way to the office of the cleaning company I've been working for ever since I was 16. My boss had just called me into the office for an immediate private business meeting, he said he had quite a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity waiting for me. He didn't want to spoil any details, so he just left me hanging, super curious of what might be the exciting news. I tried to analyze anything in particular he had ever said to me, to figure out what's waiting for me – but I was painfully clueless.

I sped up my walking just to get there as soon as possible so he can drop the bombshell of an opportunity that he has for me.

"Please, don't fire me.." I mumble quietly to myself when I reach the door to the office. I took a deep breath, and opened the door. And thus, my boss stood there with the largest grin on his face, welcoming me into the building.

"Aria! At last! You're probably dying to know what I have to say to you," he says with a smirk, opening the door to his office for me. He gestures me to sit down on the chair in front of his desk, and I quietly sit down, trying to stay calm.

"Yes, please tell me, I'm gonna explode," I plead, with puppy-eyes and a sad face. He laughs and sits down on his chair.

"Fine, I will go directly into it. A company called me just before I called you over here. This is a very well-known South Korean company, and they are looking for a good english speaking person that is also very good at cleaning and cooking, to be sort of a housekeeper to a group of boys. Apparently, these boys need to practice their english, and they specifically asked for some female around their own age, which is twenty and up. And the first person I thought of, was you. Because I know you for some reason love the South Korean culture and that, and you're the best english speaker I have employed, so I thought this was your task to take. If you're up to it," he says.

I stared at him. Mouth half open. In shock.

"YES!" I instantly blurt out loud without thinking. "Oh, sorry, I mean, yes of course! I will gladly accept," I say more professionally. He smiles widely at me.

"Great! However, you have to leave tomorrow morning. They needed someone immediately, because these boys have a hectic schedule from now on, so that means that they will travel a lot," he continue. "The flight to Seoul will be paid by the company. You will also have your own private room in the house. You will also receive money every month for your work as well, because this is an actual employment by them."

Holy cow. This is getting better and better!

"Sounds great to me! Um, for how long will I work?" I ask.

"They said all summer, so the whole of June, July and August. So I think you'll be back in time for your studies."

Freaking God, this is too good to be true. Is this for real?

"Perfect! So I guess I just need to head home to pack?" I say with a wide smile.

"I guess so. The flight will depart at 6 am from Stockholm, one of the workers will accompany you all the way," he explains. I nod several times. "So, are you ready to go to South Korea?"

"Hell yeah! I am more than ready!" I chirp, raising up from my chair to shake hands with him. Then I go around the table and hug him tightly.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" I repeat several times, showing my gratefulness.

"It's my pleasure, Aria. Now, show them how good you are after your four years of experience here," he chuckles and gives me a reassuring smile. I nod and smile back.