02 | EXO's maid?

June 2016

"Holy shit, this is good.." I mumble to myself as I watch some random K-pop group's new music video on youtube. They're dancing away like they've never done anything else but dancing their whole lives. They're apparently something called EXO. I've heard about them a few times before on twitter and youtube, but I've never really looked into them or their music. Until today, because I was bored and wanted new music to listen to. And oh man, I'm hooked. They got me good. One video turned into another, and then another, and then another. Now it's four am, and I've watched all their music videos, live stage performances and even some funny moments and crack videos. Holy shit, they're hot. And their voices... Holy moly their voices. They're like angels sent from some music god. Blessing us. I knew from the moment I heard 'Monster', that this will be an obsession for a very, very long time. And I wasn't wrong.

Almost a year after, I still listened and loved them just as much as the first time - if not even more. I went all in for asian music, only listening to EXO, BigBang, BTS, Monsta x, Cross Gene -- the list goes on. If only I could see exo live, just once... But they never come to Europe. And traveling to South Korea is super expensive, plus the cost for the transport to the arena, the concert tickets. I can basically just kiss that dream goodbye. So I guess I just have to admire them through my computer screen...

I hear mumbling. Several voices talking to each other in a foreign language. At first I am confused to why there are people in my bedroom. But then I realize that I'm lying on something hard. Then that I was not really in my room. Nor was I in Sweden. Then I remember their faces, and that it was their actual faces. And I slowly open my eyes.

My vision is slightly blurry, so I blink a couple of times to readjust my eyes to the light. Then when my eyes regained focus, I saw nine faces looking down on me, all concerned and/or confused. And I recognize those faces, from all the concerts, interviews, posters, pictures... They're exo. Freaking exo.

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo asks me as he offers his hand to help me up. I just stare at his eyes.

"Did I die?" I slur as I take his hand and let him help me up to a sitting position. They all started laughing. And I just looked at them all, confused and in awe. They are so handsome. And their laughs... I think I could've died happily right then and there.

"No, you just fainted for a second, we think." Chen chuckles. And I swear, my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't stop taking in every detail from his face. It's so... perfect. All I wanted to do, ever since I saw him perform on one of those videos, was to touch his jaw. And be friends with him. I don't know why he caught my eye, but he did. Not to mention his so extraordinary voice.

My daydreaming about Chen was cut off when a cough was heard.

"Let's get you up on the sofa." Kai said as he helped me stand up. I was fangirling so hard on the inside. Holy christ, freaking Kai is touching me.

"I'll get her some water." I hear Suho say, and then leave the room.

I just looked around me, confused and disgustingly happy. I don't think my brain has processed anything the last 24 hours. I was just going to work here in Korea, and apparently I'm going to live under the same roof as exo? What the actual fuck. This must be a dream. A beautiful, wonderful, amazing dream.

Nari puts her hand on my forehead and gives me a look of pity.

"You don't seem to be ill." she says, and studies my face for a while. "You didn't know it was them before you came here, did you?" she then asks. I bite my lower lip and slowly shake my head.