14|Problem

It seemed all out of control for Faith

It seemed all out of control for Faith. There she stood in the middle of the room with two males who were in running for her heart. One's eyes sought the truth - for her to tell her true lover what was going on, and the other sought answers - for her to explain what he had walked in on.
But while Faith stood conflicted, trying to decipher which truth she would tell, she realized things were more out of control than she had thought.

"I'll leave," Jason said upon realizing that his presence was no longer needed, considering the fact that Faith had basically told them there could be no romantic relationship between them. While a rift formed in his heart at the bitter turn down, he was more fearful that the friendship they shared would also slowly begin to crumble.

He didn't hear her voice in the background telling him to stay and he didn't seek truth in her eyes. Instead, he squared his shoulders and forced a quick smile as he passed Daniel who's gaze was as threatening as a broken hearted drunk with a shotgun.

He closed the door behind him thinking, it would possibly be his last time at love.

_____________

Faith swallowed the rather painful lump that had slowly formed in her throat as she gazed at Daniel who's face was the epitome of confusion.

"So what's going on Faith? Explain to me what I just walked in on," his voice was calm but it was also serious.

She slowly hung her head to stare at the plain tiled floors. "Jason was just er- trying to comfort me," was the excuse she formed.

"Why?" came his quick argument.

"Let's just drop it please, I'm sorry you had to see that."

Daniel scoffed. "Tell me, what is the relationship between you two?" he questioned with eagerness in his voice.

"We-" she cleared her throat. "We're just friends."

He rose an unconvinced brow. "I doubt that," he answered cynically.

"Where exactly are you getting at with this Daniel?" She asked despite knowing he had his reasons to be upset, to at least seek answers to what he had seen.

He pinched his nose and was momentarily silent. "Do you have feelings for him?"

She was instantly befuddled, unable to formulate a befitting reply given the circumstances. Her lips moved but somehow speech was restricted.

Daniel scoffed once more and shook his head almost pitifully. "How long?"

Faith's head lifted. "It isn't what you think it is," she defended softly, somehow finding her heart hammering even though she was unmoving.

"Then tell me what it is," he injected firmly, voice as grim as the look on his face.

"I don't even know, myself," she found herself whispering but it wasn't quiet enough because he heard.