21

Riley.

I woke up with the worst headache ever and I had no idea what it came from. I groaned as I sat up. I rubbed my eyes before I heard my phone ding indicating that I had received a text.

Rj: hey wanna hang out today?

I texted back a 'sure' and asked when.

Turns out he wanted to come get me now. I groan and get up and get ready. I walk into the bathroom and find some Advil, popping one in my mouth and drinking some water from the sink.

I got in the shower for about five minutes. I didn't even bother with my hair so I just let it air dry and threw on a t-shirt and some ripped jeans.

I slipped on my socks and before I could put my shoes on, the doorbell rang.

I ran down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey, I just have to put my shoes on really quick."

He nodded and sat down on the couch.

I ran upstairs and put on my shoes and grabbed my phone and wallet.

I slid my phone into my back pocket and walked back downstairs to find RJ in the kitchen looking through the pantry.

"Why don't you have any chips"

"Why are you being a fat ass, come on" I laughed.

He shook his head after laughing and followed me out of the house. I turned around and locked the door.

"So what did you have in mind?" I asked as we sat down in his car.

"I actually have no idea. I was hoping you would come up with something. I just needed to get out of the house." I laugh at him and he starts the car.

I turn up the radio as I think of a place to go.

"I don't know why but I have an urge to hit something. Let's go to the batting cages." He agrees and looks up the closest batting cage.

It happened to be at magic mountain and I giggled as I realized I haven't been to the place in over ten years.

"This should be fun" I laugh as we pull into the parking lot.

By now my headache started to go away but there was still a slight pain.

After we payed we went straight to the back where the batting cage was. We picked out our equipment and got coins for the amount of time we had in the cages.

We did that for about an hour and decided to go get some food afterwards. We drove to a burger place close by and order some food.

"I didn't know you could hit like that" RJ spoke as we got our food.

"You hit like a bitch" I laugh at him.

"Shut up, that was my first time using a bat." He groaned.

"Whatever you say bub" I chuckled. As I'm eating I get a text from someone.

I look at the text and see that it's from Austin.

Austin: where are you? I went to your house and saw your car but no one answered the door.