Chapter 2 - Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner - 3

Cordelia slowly opened her eyes when she felt someone calling her name.

"Iris?..." She murmured softly.

It has been five days since her daily trip to the academy infirmary but it was only last night that she decided to stay --- ever since the incident. Even though she was on a sofa chair, curled up and had only a small blanket, she managed to sleep comfortably, she concluded it might be a mermaid thing.

Her blue eyes then lazily examined the room. She was hoping that something --- anything, would change when she woke up but to her dismay everything remained the same, from the white silk curtains to the empty glass vase on the crystal table. Everything, including the empty bed.

Four days, her so called 'daughter' had been missing for four days. After waking up, Iris immediately admitted herself out and went back to the dormitory --- or so what the Mamas told her had happened, who were the acting nurses, lunch ladies, guardian keepers, and librarians of the academy.

"Still no sign?" Claire's voice broke the silence. She was standing on the door.

"No."  Cordelia gloomily replied. "She hasn't even entered her room in the dormitory..."

"I see..." The vampire then slowly made her way inside. "Can I stay here?"

"Yeah, sure." Cordelia then sat straight.

13