10-Tommy's Gift

Skylar POV

The next day Mama made Edith Rose leave. I guess she finally had enough of her, but hey, she finally sees the light.

Tommy and I were making this homemade swing and I was pretty excited. I haven't been on a swing since my elementary days.

"Okay babe, make sure that rope is tight," I said as we secured the tire. I decided Tommy should be the test guinea pig.

If it can handle his weight and muscle, it can handle us. He looked afraid but the tire wouldn't hurt him if he fell. It would actually break his fall.

He got on and we waited for it to break. It never did. I yelled, "Victory! I'm handy Skylar! You break it, I fix it."

I pushed my big oaf and he made so many sounds of happiness. Its like he's never been on a swing, but that's when it hit me.

My Tommy has never had a real childhood.

He was bullied a lot and quit school, learning how to kill instead. My heart broke as I imagined him running home, crying from their torture.

Not anymore. My baby won't have to suffer anymore. If anyone dares make fun of him, I will slice out their tongues and shove in down their throats.

Believe that.

I hopped on along with him and we went faster and higher. "Kids! You be careful now," Mama yelled from the kitchen window.

"We will!" I yelled back and Tommy nodded in agreement. I looked to the side and saw a few cars pull in the drive way fast.

I started panicking and we jumped off the tire. I ran into the back as Tommy ran to his room through the basement door. Mama must have heard the noise because she was grabbing a shotgun out of the pantry.

I grabbed my bow and arrow, "Should I ask them what they're doing here?" Mama nodded. The knock on the front door got me annoyed as it banged louder.

I opened it slightly and popped my head out. "Can I help you?" I asked, trying not to show my annoyance. There was at least ten people, a few with guns.

I gripped onto my arrow. He nodded, "We heard a few kids are missing. They were last seen at Luda Mae Sawyer's shop. We're here to ask questions."

I laughed, "Okay one, you aren't police officers so you have no right to ask questions. Second, I'm one of them and I'm perfectly fine. The others already left towards Dallas."

"Why would you stay with freaks?" A woman asked disgusted. I rolled my eyes, "Oh honey look at your husband. That is a freak. Now leave our property."

She gasped and I slammed the door in her face. I went downstairs and wanted to tell Tommy the coast was clear. I knocked twice, signaling it was okay to come out. He slid open the door and I came in the room.

He hugged me to him and I wrapped my arms around him. We went back outside to play on the swings and we even made a target for my arrows with a pile of hay with a red circle painted on.

Tommy knew how to shoot an arrow, which I thought was pretty hot. Out of no where, I felt sick to my stomach. I ran behind the tree and started throwing up.

Why has this been happening?! I haven't told anyone but I've been throwing up lately, I just didn't want to worry anyone. Tommy saw me throwing up and ran to get Mama, but I did need her so I was fine with it.

She came to me, feeling my forehead. "You aren't sick dear. What do you thinks made you so sick?" I didn't know so I shrugged, holding my stomach.

She thought for a moment before she took off. I walked inside after her and followed her into her room. She was searching through some boxes under the sink and must've found what she had been looking for.

A First Response pregnancy test. I looked at her in shock, "Mama you don't think I could be.."

"I do." She handed me the test and led me into the bathroom. I followed the instructions and waited the five minutes while Mama filled everyone in on what's going on.

I might be carrying the next generation of Sawyer. I smiled at the thought of Tommy and our child killing together. Speaking of Tommy, I called him into the bathroom.

When I looked at the result, I wanted him to be with me. He came in and I swear I saw nervousness and hope in his eyes. I held his hand and said, "I haven't looked yet. I want you to look with me okay?"

He nodded and we turned to see a pink plus sign looking back at us. He picked me up and spun me around, making a lot of sounds of happiness. I smiled and the family came in to congratulate us.

They could wait to bring another killer into the family. Mama gave me a hug and she demanded we have a party next week to tell the other family members that there would be a new addition to the Sawyer clan.

Tommy was scared though, when I asked why he pointed to his face. I knew what he meant, he didn't want his skin disease to be passed down to our child.

I wouldn't mind if it was. I loved my Tommy, skin disease or not, I would always love HIM. I would love our child more than anything, skin disease or not.

We were laying down in our RV as Tommy continued to look at my stomach. I wasn't showing yet. I was still flat, but I knew it was because it usually would be around the third month before I got a bump.

My stomach did feel different however, but that's only because our baby was nestled safely in there. Tommy looked at me and gave me a kiss, making me smile as we sunk in the fact that we're going to parents.