Chapter 1

Hi! So this is my new attempt to try to write my story "All of the Stars" all over again. I wasn't happy about the way it all turned out, and I've tried so many times, to redo it, but I just get discourage, but I want to try again. If I can't get it right this time, then it's not meant to be.

But I'm not giving up yet. For those who have read my story before, will for sure recognize a lot in my story that I'm keeping just the same, but I felt this story going in the completely wrong direction, that the story didn't feel like mine anymore, and that I needed to please and do what others told me to do. So I want to do this my way, and not because others want it to go a different way. I've changed a lot when it comes to my writing, and I realize, that, even though I write for you, I also write for me.

So, please let me know if you like this version of this story as well, because I really want this to be an even better one.

Read, Review and enjoy!

I do not own "The Vampire Diaries" Only my OC

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

You're mine tonight, now I've got

You in my sight, with these

Hungry Eyes

***********

"When someone you love dies, and you're not expecting it, you don't lose her all at once; you lose her in pieces over a long time—the way the mail stops coming, and her scent fades from the pillows and even from the clothes in her closet and drawers. Gradually, you accumulate the parts of her that are gone. Just when the day comes—when there's a particular missing part that overwhelms you with the feeling that she's gone, forever—there comes another day, and another specifically missing part."

― John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany

***********

July 2009.

I finally feel numb...

I drunkenly stumbled out of my bathroom, trying to figure out why the threshold was place exactly where my stupid parents put it when they built me my own room after my brother was born.

Being drunk was the only way to dull the pain I've held in my heart, ever since my parents died. I'm only 17, going on 18 next week, and just finished my junior year in high school and shouldn't be drinking. But hey, who cares right? I certainly do not.

I looked at the picture on my nightstand; it was a picture of me with my parents and the one-year younger little sister of mine.

Perfect little Elena.

Everyone loves her, even after everyone knows that if she hadn't called mom and dad to come get her from that stupid party, I asked her not to go to, my parents would still be here and I wouldn't have to feel like this. I felt disgusted by it all, the guilt, the anger, the sadness, and wanted no more than to end it all. I felt the anger rise in my body and all of my senses became extremely agitated. I picked up the frame, threw it against the wall in pure anger, and then trashed my room.

When the silence came over me, and I broke down in tears, I looked down at the shattered glass, lying there all around me. I missed my parents so much. Maybe it would all get better, if I just let go?