Chapter 1

I slowly opened my eyes, the sun that was seeping through the blinds that covered my window have woken me up. I sat up, looking at my clock. 8:30 AM. I hopped out of my bed since I had no choice, changing out of my pajamas as the scent of pancakes, bacon, scrapple, and more filled my nostrils. My mouth watered just thinking about it.

  I walked opened my bedroom door silently, slipping through the gap and walking down the hall towards the kitchen. I seen my mom hard at work preparing breakfast and I smiled. "Mornin', mom."

  She looked up from the pan she was making sausage in and smiled back at me. "Good morning, dear."

  My mom, Dr. Martinez.

  A couple years ago, I've seen Ella, my biological sister, being bullied by a group of boys. I made her able to escape, but recieved a bullet to the shoulder.

  I have coincidentally found Ella's house while I was limping around. She took me in and that's when I've first met Dr. Martinez. She patched me up, and our relationship has grown. Sooner, I found out she was my mother. I couldn't believe it. It was too good to be true. But look at us now, my Flock is living with her and my sister.

  I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her. Her lips curved into a smile as she hugged me back. "How did you sleep?" she asked as I pulled away. "I slept fine." I replied, looking at the breakfast that was laid out on the table.

  I'm not sure if I seen it or felt it, but something whizzed right past my shoulder. Chills raked down my spine as I quickly turned around. Nothing.

  My breath hitched in my throat and I jumped as I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning around again.

  "Dangit Fang!" I scowled, hunching over slightly. He looked at me, grinning gently. He didn't have to say anything. I could tell his words just by looking at him. I brushed his hand off my shoulder as I huffed, walking off to the hallway. "I'm going to wake the girls. ." I muttered.

  Fang. The second oldest member of the Flock, younger than me by four months. He's still taller already though. High-level of charm, too.

  I swang the girl's room door open. "Wake up! Start of a new day! Get motivated!"

  "Nnn. ." I heard Nudge mutter, putting her head underneath her pillow. I walked over to her, sliding my arms underneath hers, lifting her up. "Wakey-wakey." She groaned, opening her eyes to slits. I tossed her back on her bed. "C'mon."

  Nudge, well, she was more modern than all of us. She was all into fashion and enjoyed being in the city. She seemed a bit normal, y'know, besides the wings and stuff.

  I walked over to Angel's bed, moving the curtain and seeing her small body curled up gently as she slept. I hated to wake her up, but I had to. I gently nudged her as her eyelids fluttered open. "Good morning sweetie." I whispered with a smile. She looked at me, smiling back. "Good morning, Max." I lifted her up, placing her on my shoulders and walking out of their room. "Hurry up Nudge." I said as I proceeded through the hall.

  Fang has already woken up the boys, so I didn't have to worry about that. I placed Angel on the kitchen counter and stood there.

  As my mother placed a pancake on a stack, she smiled. "Alright. Breakfast is made." she placed her used utensils in the sink as I let out a quiet yawn. Not long after, Gazzy, Iggy, and Nudge came walking down the hall.

  Alright. More introductions. Fun.

  Gazzy is Angel's older brother. Gazzy is what everyone calls him, but his real name is the Gasman and. . well, you can find out why yourself.

  Iggy is the third oldest of the Flock. He is blind, but don't let that fool you. He knows his way around.

  "About time you guys got here," I murmured. "I was starving."

  "Max," Gazzy began. "she just finished making it though."

  "Buut, we could have been getting food by now."

  My mom laughed lightly. "Dive in then." she walked over to me, murmuring. "I put chocolate chips in them."

  Ohoho. She didn't have to tell me that. I have a nose for my chocolate chips.

  Eventually, everyone got their servings of food and filled their stomachs. Only a few pieces of bacon, scrapple, and small bits of egg remained.

  I was leaning back on the couch, patting my stomach as I let out a huff. "I can proudly say I ate too much." I murmured miserably.

  Angel giggled as she nodded in agreement. "So did everyone else."

  My mother smiled as she collected our plates. "I'm glad I could feed you all enough."

  We all smiled. "Thanks mom." I said as the Flock said 'thanks Dr. Martinez'.

  I couldn't ask for a better mom. She takes care of me and all my friends. She will always be my number one.