prologue;

Dunkirk beach was a desolate place. The exhausted soldiers lined up along the sand, facing the water and desperately waiting for the ships to come and take them home.

The eternal sense of apprehension that hung in the air was particularly stifling. It had been a while since the last airstrike and one was bound to come soon.

The last attack had managed to hit a boat that had come to transport soldiers back across the channel. It had barely made it 100 meters before it was sunk. Fortunately, most of the passengers survived, including a few nurses who had been on board to help with the injured.

The nurses had set up a make-shift hospital approximately 50 meters to the right of the mole. They were lacking in material but they did what they could to assist the injured men, mostly bandaging small lacerations from flying bullets and shrapnel.

Daisy, one of the youngest nurses among the group, had become well-known amongst the British soldiers due to her gentleness and kind nature when treating them. She lit up the desolate beach with her smiles, boosting the morale of the despondent men.

Herself, along with the three other nurses, helped as much as they could while praying for salvation. Praying that they would make it home. 

yeah.. hi there.

please don't hurt me!!!

i recently watched dunkirk (twice) and fell absolutely in love with the story and couldn't stop thinking about it so i decided to make a fic 

hope you enjoy!