Chocolate

I saw him kiss her and I immediately ran away, tears falling down my face. I didn't know where I was running to, but I soon found myself in the school library and I went to the back and collapsed on a seat, putting my head down on the table and letting myself cry silently. I felt hurt.

"Jane?" I heard a soft voice behind me and I turn around seeing Carlos's worried expression. His face quickly changed as he saw my face and he quickly sat down next to me and pulled me into his lap. I burried my face in his chest and just balled my eyes out.

I could feel his hand caressing my hair as he whispered soothing words into my ear which helped me calm down.

My cries finally went down to sniffles and I pulled away from him, realizing what I just did.

"No it's fine." Carlos said pulling me back to him. I looked at him and he gently wiped the tears from my face with his thumb staring into my eyes the whole time.

I couldn't keep myself from blushing, but at least he couldn't tell cause my face was probably really flushed already.

"Do you mind telling me what happened?....You dont have to if you don't want to, totally up to you, but I just really hate seeing you like this." He said, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

I took a deep breath before deciding to talk. "Remember Chad's younger brother, Chase, asked me out like 2 weeks ago and we started dating?"

"Of course....Wh..what did he do to you?" Carlos asked sounding somewhat angry.

"Well I was supposed to meet him at the fountain at 2:00 so we could go on a date for lunch, but I decided on going there an hour early just to wait for him and surprise him, but then I saw him there with Elise....kissing. So I ran away and here I am now." I said sighing.

"Aww Jane, I'm so sorry about that." Carlos said hugging me.

"It's okay. I should've expected it anyways." I whispered, putting my head down, trying not to let tears fall from my eyes again.

"Hey look at me." I looked up, meeting Carlos's eyes. "It's not okay. He hurt you and that's not okay. You're smart, funny, beautiful inside and out and Chase blew his opportunity to be with a great person like you. He doesn't deserve you and you deserve to be with someone better."

Someone better was obviously Carlos, but I didn't want to say that out loud cause it might ruin our friendship together.

The only reason I agreed on dating Chase is to try to ignore the feelings I had for Carlos. He sounded like he was happy about Chase and I when I told him about us, so it was obvious that he didn't have feelings for me. He was just a really good friend that I still really really like.

"You know what?" He said, interrupting my thoughts.

I gave him a questionable look.

"Let's go bake something."

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"I found this book in the library about Auradon's enchanted chocolate brownies, and I really want to make them. Would you like to help?"

"Of course!" I replied grinning.

"Then c'mon." He grabbed my hand and led me to the school kitchen. He let go of my hand, and I wished it lasted longer.

We gathered the supplies and began adding ingredients to the bowl. We finally finished and the batter was ready.

Carlos immediately put his finger in it and licked the chocolate off of it. "This is so good." He moaned and I couldn't stop myself from laughing. "Jane you should try this."