Hide&Seek

Wooo! Here it is. Finally made another one-shot. Enjoy!!

We were playing hide and seek cause yes we're childish. We pretty much begged our friends to play and they finally gave in so currently Mal was the person that was supposed to find us.

When she began counting, everybody scattered and was running in different directions, or so Jane thought. As Jane was running through the courtyard and passed the bleachers, a hand grabbed her by the arm and pulled her under the bleachers. She gave a yelp at the sudden action, and turned her head, seeing Carlos's grinning face.

"You know you could've just asked." She said, brushing her clothes off a little.

Yeah, but that wouldn't of been funny though." He laughed.

"So why do you want me to hide with you?" She asked, taking a seat in front of him and looking at him intensely.

She could've sworn his face went a little pink. "Well.....I don't exactly know you, if you know what I mean."

"So what do you want to know?"

"Umm...like, what's your favorite color? What do you like to do on your free time? Things like that." He replied.

"Okay, but you have to answer too."

"Of course." He said, sitting more comfortably on the ground and making sure that they were still somewhat hiding from view. "So what's your favorite color Jane?"

"Baby blue. And what's yours Carlos?"

"Cerulean blue." He replied.

"You're kidding right?"

"Nope, I'm serious. You probably thought it was red right?"

She looked at him embarrassed. "Yes actually, or maybe white of black."

"Hey it's fine, people get that wrong a lot. Don't worry."

She gave a small nod, blushing when she met his eyes.

"So another question I'm dying to know is, what color is your eyes?--Before you look at me like it's the most obvious thing, I'm just saying that your eyes are sometimes blue and other times they're gray. like, which one's your actual iris color?"

She giggled at his use of iris instead of eye. "To be honest I'm not really sure myself, but it's pretty much a combination of light green, blue, and gray. It always looks different in light."

"Well they look really pretty. I could honestly stare at them forever." He said softly, putting his hand gently on her cheek for just a second, before he withdrew it.

She couldn't help but blush at his action, and she could feel her face burning where his fingers were touching just a second ago.

He seemed to not notice, as he started speaking again. "You could probably guess what color my eyes are."

She looked back up at him and met his eyes, which was staring back at her. She cleared her throat a little to try to clear her thoughts. "Um...brown?" She asked.

He quickly responded. "Dull dark brown eyes to be specific."

It was her turn to retaliate. "They're not dull, and look, I can even see a tiny speck of hazel in them." She said, leaning closer to him to examine his eyes better.

She heard his breath hitch a little because of how close her face was to his. "Th..they d..do?" He stuttered.

She mustered up enough confidence to keep going with this, leaning into him more as his eyes searched hers nervously.