Chapter Two

"I'll miss you, sweetheart." Mom kisses me in the forehead and hugs me tightly. I am moving out for the first time. The anonymous company offered me luxuries like a big house to live in and a car to drive only if I'm with Hunter – for paparazzi purposes.

Mom still has no clues about my job. I lied about my current 'real' job. I told her that I'm a junior graphic artist in an advertising company that was just starting. I told her that I saw a rental house that's very near the office so she would allow me to move out. I know I'm at age to have my own life, but Mom doesn't want to be alone. She cries in the middle of night whenever she has dreams about Dad. She eats a gallon of ice cream without telling me the reason why. Mom has a pure heart that's why I don't want to darken it by telling the truth about my 'real' job. I guess sometimes we lie, to protect the people we love.

She loads the last box on the truck and talks to the driver. I don't really like this job, but I also don't hate it. I guess I accepted being a 'stunt' because I need the job. I need the money to live. She returns to my spot and hugs me one last time. "Text me when you get there." I nod. "Text me whenever you feel like. Okay?" I nod again. I feel a tear coming down my face as I hug her again. I step inside the shotgun of the truck and closes the door. "Ready to leave?" the driver asks. I nod and he starts the engine.

Before we got to the place, I ask the driver "Sir, what did my mom said before I leave?" He looks confused and what I asked and then clears his throat. I stare at him so he knows that I'm waiting for his answer. "She wants me to come back to your house and give her your address." I knew it! I knew that Mom would do that and I'm not mad at her for doing that. I am instructed to keep the address private, even from her. I slip a thousand bucks to his side pocket and tell him, "Don't give her my address. Please. Sir." He nods. I'm mad at myself for doing this.

When I got to the apartment, the driver helps me unload all my boxes from the truck. But since I slip a thousand bucks to his pocket, he said that he'll unload all the boxes by himself. I can't believe that I'll be living here in this huge house. It's a two storey house with a beautiful garden outside and a circular pool in the back. The appliances and other displays take my breath away. Everything looks expensive. Everything looks classy.

As I look piece-by-piece each object in this floor, I find a letter with my name written on it. I open it to find a list of instructions to do. Today.

Aia, please take note of these instructions. Maximize your first day in this house by doing these simple instructions:

1. Go upstairs and go inside the first door on your right. That will be your room for the next months to follow.

2. You'll find a phone on the first table that you'll see. All of the numbers you need are there. Text me when you found it.

3. Call Hunter's number. Three times. Don't worry, he knows about it.

4. Take a selfie on your room. Post it on your social media accounts with no caption. Change your username to @aiagee.

5. As you know, we deleted some of your posts. Don't worry, you can retrieve it later.

6. Meet Amy. She will be your assistant. She's in the room near the kitchen.

7. Change. Wear whatever is in the bag located on your bed and let Amy take a photo of you.

8. Wear a dress.