Experiment 133

Exp. # 133 opened her eyes slowly, growling slightly with how stiff she was. Her chest ached with the effort of simply breathing and her ribs burned with a dull throbbing pain. She hated how weak they made her. She hated how they kept her chained like a beast; which she couldn't actually blame them for since technically that was how she behaved around them. She hated how they treated her; like a possession, an item, a doll. She hated everything about them in fact. But what she hated most was the fact that she was unable to fight back effectively. She should have been able to, should have done so already, but ever since she had killed her sixth man three years ago they had started tranquilizing her at her least little lunge. That left her able only to snarl and glare with impunity.

The only time she was released of her bonds -psychical and chemical- was when she was in the pit, and then was the only time she was free. And she was almost happy in these moments, because killing was so easy for her. She loved to bury her hands in the internal organs of the Chimera she was set against. To fight them hand to hand, to destroy them, rip out their hearts, bite them. But none were a challenge for her anymore; she was beginning to get quite bored. And so she spent more and more time in the labs or in her cell. She had not been in the pits for a month now, and so was almost always chained to the wall.

"Damn... cowards" She hissed under her breath before chuckling darkly. "Not that I can truly blame them!" She was a terror, she truly was. Her claws and fangs could tear though muscle, and she was sure the doctor was aiming for her to be able to tear though bone as well sooner or later.

Sighing she closed her eyes and hung limply from her chains. She growled low in her throat and once again tried to tear her wrists from the chains on the wall. She didn't even stop when she felt blood trickle down her arms, but simply renewed her efforts. She was sick and tired of this filthy place. She was tired of been 'fed' a nasty substance, his excuse for food. (It was a sort of mishmash of meat and minerals, and tasted nasty. Needless to say, she refused to eat it most times. Which of course, meant that they force fed her most times. Which led to more violence then the act in itself really warranted.) She was sick of being injected with multiple chemicals daily. And it was some of those chemicals she needed to live day to day. (After all the alchemy drain done on her body, she had a chemical imbalance in her body as she was improperly fused. She hated that reliance as well.) She was sick of being poked and prodded and pulled at, and unable to do anything because of straps, chains and tranquilizers. She was sick of how they talked about her and to her. Like she was a stupid beast, or like she wasn't even there.

But yesterday had been the last straw. With a snarl and a sharp snap of her fangs she recalled with perfection how the day had gone from merely devastatingly normal, to worse.

---The day before ----

She lay on her usual examination table, her arms above her head. There was a metal strap across her forearms, her chest –above her budding breasts- her stomach, her thighs, and her shins. Her hair lay about her in a cruel imitation of a halo, her bangs sticking to her face which was slick with perspiration. Her arms were aching and her legs were cramped up to her thighs. Her shoulders were bleeding in reaction to the injections, and she was fighting the urge to bite herself. She had been cut open again, to test her healing. It was only her right arm from shoulder to elbow, but it had made her almost gasp with pain. The fact that her arm was pulled up above her head and putting strain on her muscles did not help matters. She had become mostly accustomed to pain over the years, so much so that it hardly phased her anymore -and when it was very-very bad she could retreat into her mind- but the instrument he had used had been treated with an acidic substance which had burned her nerves almost unbearably. The experiment itself was a waste of time, her healing rate had not gotten any quicker than the last time he had tried, and because he did not want any drugs interfering with the experiment ha had not used any tranquilizers.