Chapter 5

3rd Person

A girl hardened by the world, was sitting alone in an empty room. Her violet- red eyes focused on nothing in particular. She was deep in thought, until a red caped girl tried to initiate a conversation with her. For awhile, the red caped girl's ramblings went unheard by anyone. And she had noticed this, but did not stop. Finally, the girl with a guarded heart snapped out of her thoughts, and she paid attention to the red caped girl. Her only friend, and the only person she ever thought she would be able to trust.

(Y/n)'s POV

"So, what did Uncle Qrow talk to you about?" Ruby asked, seeing you finally paying attention. Ren, Nora and that blonde boy had come into the room to hear what had happened. "Yeah." Nora said. "What did he tell you?" She asked. The two boys seemed curious as well. "Can I tell you privately, Ruby?" You quietly asked. The blonde boy speaks up. "Why don't you wanna tell the rest of us?" He asks. "Look... blonde boy, whatever your name is, Nora, Ren... I just don't know you guys well enough to the point where I feel like I can trust you." You bluntly state. The blonde boy and Nora are taken aback by your blunt answer, while Ren gives a look of understanding. "We don't know you all that well either. How about we tell you a bit about ourselves, and you tell us a bit about you." Ren suggests. Everyone agrees to this. "And by the way," The blonde boy says. "My name is Juane."

Ren tells both his and Nora's story, which are essentially the same. "We came from a small village called Kuroyuri. It was far from the kingdom of Vale, so it didn't have any of the natural barriers to keep the Grimm away. I lived with my parents, while Nora lived on the streets. My parents eventually adopted her though, and we all lived as one happy family. We learned basic fighting techniques, and life was just great. When the Grimm attacked though, it was all thrown into chaos. Almost everyone was killed by the Nuckelavee, which is a very powerful Grimm. Me and Nora escaped, with my parents staying behind to fight off the Grimm. They never came out though, and neither did many of the people living in the village. After that we went from orphanage to orphanage, just surviving day to day, learning to fight and protect ourselves, until we were accepted into Beacon." He finished. Nora had a look of numb acceptance, while Ruby and Juane looked sad. You felt sad too, but somehow kept a somewhat neutral expression throughout the story.

Juane told his story, which was pretty simple. Lived with his family until he was accepted into Beacon. Ruby's was also fairly simple, aside from her mom dying while she was young. Lived with her dad and sister until she went to Signal, then she got accepted into Beacon two years early.

Finally, you begin your story. "My dad abandoned me and mom before I was even born, so I only lived with my mother. My life was pretty normal for a few years, until mom died." Was murdered you resentfully thought. "I was taken in by my aunt, who didn't particularly care about me and I lived with her until I decided to go to Signal, and eventually Beacon and become a huntress. The day I enrolled for Signal was also the day my aunt had basically kicked me out of the house, and said that I wasn't welcome there anymore. So I just went through school like everyone else and I graduated a few months after Ruby did, still two years earlier than most people. I went to check out what Beacon would be like, and I found it overrun with Grimm, the CCT tower completely destroyed, and a GIANT FREAKIN DRAGON GRIMM PETRIFIED ON TOP OF THE CCT TOWER." You take a few deep breaths before continuing. "So I found a couple of hunters and asked them what the heck had happened. One of them mentioned some names. I remember her saying Ruby, Juane and some girl named Pyrrha having something to do with it. But the only name I recognized was Ruby's because we had gone to Signal together, so with help from her father I tracked her down, and now I'm here with you guys." You finished.

Nora looks even closer to shedding tears, when she suddenly runs up to you and gives you a very large, very tight bear hug. Can't... Breathe... You think, and suddenly activate your semblance. Nora's arms go right through you and she falls over. You reappear and start awkwardly patting her head as an attempt to calm her down. Ruby also looks close to tears while Ren and Juane look upset. Nora starts crying loudly and sympathising with you, mumbling things like "Poor poor soul..." "Had no idea..." And a few others. Everyone looks at you with pitying expressions. Ren is the first to eventually stop and asks you what Qrow was talking to you about earlier. "Right..." You trail off wondering how best to explain it.

"He asked me what my favorite story was, then asked if I head heard the story of the seasons, to which I responded yes." You started to explain. "He asked that Oscar boy to come into the room. I noticed that his eyes were heterochromic. And they told me that everything about the story was true. So, Cinder Fall is the Fall Maiden, but the Winter and Spring Maidens are still a mystery." You say. "What about the Summer Maiden?" Juane asked the question that everyone seemed to be thinking. "You know, that's exactly what I asked. And then Qrow told me that I'm Summer Maiden."

Ruby, Jaune, and Nora nodded, then they realized what you said and stared at you. Ren looked calm as always. "I was just as surprised as you guys." You said in an attempt to calm them down. Ruby asks a couple of questions and so did Jaune. Nora just looked shocked. You answered their questions as best as you could without having to flat out lie to them. "Its getting kinda late... Maybe we should get some rest." You say to them. Ruby leads you to her room, while Juane goes to another one, and Nora and Ren walk into a room together holding hands. You close the door. Ruby takes the bed and you have a pillow and blanket on the floor. "Goodnight." You say out loud to Ruby. She responds the same way, and you put your head on the pillow. Goodniiiiight~ You sing in your head, a farewell to the world as everything goes black and you gradually drift off to sleep.