Epilogue: Fall

???POV

You walk along the dark halls, following along behind your master. Ever since the fall of beacon, you have only been able to see out of your right eye. And you've barely been able to speak. Just hoarse whispers.

A feeling of loathing comes over you as you remember who did this to you. Ruby Rose. To this day you don't know exactly what happened. And Salem hasn't exactly explained it to you either.

The only thing she said is that with this power, I now have a new weakness... Well that doesn't say much. You rid your head of these thoughts and continue to follow Salem to her chambers.

You enter the  room and Salem tells you to brings in a kind of Grimm that looks like a crystal ball. You obediently do so. She tells you how well your training is going, and that if you continue at this pace you will be able to start putting the next phase of the plan into motion: Bringing Mistral down.

"If I may ask..." You hoarsely whisper. She nods for you to speak. "We are currently searching for the Spring Maiden, but what of the summer and winter ones?" You ask.

Salem smiles as she says, "Don't worry about them Cinder. We don't need to look for them, because they'll unwittingly come to us." You leave and she closes the door. The loud noise of the doors bumping into each other echoes in the hallway. And you walk away, down the dark, empty hall, to your quarters.

Training can wait until tomorrow. You decide. You drift off to sleep, and once again dream of that blinding white light.