Football

Chapter 9:

___________________________________

The next morning I woke up, blankets covering me and a breakfast being made in the kitchen like usual. I got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey guys" I said sleepily.

They all eventually said hey back.

"Are you and Soda off today?" I asked Darry.

"Yeah. Why?" He questioned.

"Because your home and plus I want to go play football at the lot!" I happily smiled.

"Sounds great" Sodapop butted in.

I stuck my tongue out at him ran back to my room to get ready. I got dressed in a black shirt and grey sweatpants. I threw my hair in a ponytail and put on my converse. I ran out to the living room to find the gang.

"You ready?" I asked them.

"Yeah, ready to beat you" Steve said.

Darry walked into the room.

"Sure kid" he said. We all laughed and start out the door to the lot.

"Let's pick teams" Johnny said.

"Who's team captains?" Soda asked.

"Me and Halie" Dally smirked.

I blushed.

"Ok, I want Johnny, Darry, and Soda" I stated. "So you get Pony, Steve, and Two" I said to Dally.

"Well get to playin kid" Dally smirked.

We lined up and started to play the game. Dally threw a pass which got intercepted by Soda. I threw the ball to Darry. He caught it and scored. We played football for about an hour. It was the last play and it was our ball.

The score was 21-28 Dally's team. Johnny hiked it to Soda. Sodapop threw the football to me.

"I got it!" I yelled.

Someone tackled me to the ground. I looked to see who it was. Dally. He fell on top of me.

"Not so fast little lady" he said.

"Sure" I said looking up into his chocolate brown eyes.

We were inches apart. He slowly moved in, crashing his lips to mine. After we pulled away he brushed his nose on mine.

"Woah, looks like Dally's gettin' some" Two-Bit said laughing.

"Shut it" Dally scowled.

"Get off me pig" I joked.

We got up. I took his hand in mine. He looked at me confused and shocked.

"What silly? Yeah I like you too" I flashed a smile at him.

He just gave me that lop sided smile of his as we walked hand and hand back to the house.

__________________________________

A/N: Well another chapter.

Thanks for all the reads guys :3

~Di<3