A Year Passed.

Chapter 17:

_____________________________________

•Halie's POV•

"Woah, what happened" I said as I sat up. My stomach felt like it was smashed, my head hurt, and my body was stiff. I looked at my surroundings. A hospital?

What?

What happened?

"Oh god she's up" I heard Sodapop cheer as the gang walked into the room.

"Hey guys" I greeted.

"What's up Hale" Two-Bit said.

"Yeah what is up? Up with all of this?" I asked.

The gang went silent.

"Well you got shot in the stomach" Darry stated.

"How? Why?"

"You took the shot for Dally. He was being chased by the fuzz and they were going to shoot" Soda added.

"Wait where is Dally?" I asked sitting up.

"He's in the cooler" Steve said.

"For how long?"

"A year..."

I heard that and my heart broke into a million pieces.

"W-what?" I stuttered,"w-what did he do?"

"He robbed that one store down the street" Ponyboy stated.

"Oh god.." I whispered under my breath.

"I have to get out of here" I spat out getting up ripping the i-vs from my arms.

"No your not going anywhere" Darry commanded.

My voice was caught in my throat. He sat me back down. I couldn't hold back my tears any longer, I began crying.

"It's alright Hale" Two-Bit explained.

"It's never been alright" I sobbed.

Before I knew I cried myself to sleep.

~ 10 Months Later~

The last few months have been rough. With Johnny gone and Dally in jail, things are different. At least school started a month ago to cop with the pain. Ponyboy spends all night after school in his room, he never comes out. Darry has been rougher on us. Sodapop got his heart broken by that Sandy girl.

Two-Bit and Steve rarely come over anymore and if you ask about me I'm doing just fine. And when I mean "fine" I'm doing horrible. I'm always depressed now. I don't know if it's because the death of Johnny or because Dally's in jail. I hardly get any sleep at night. I stay up thinking about what has happen the past few terrible months. I barely make it in school anym-

"Halie what are you writing?" Mrs. Shirley asked.

"Nothing" I replied.

I quickly closed my notebook.

"Would you like to share it with the class?" she asked walking to my desk.

"Uhh no ma'am" I nervously laughed.

"Well since we have a report coming up, and your grade is slipping in this class, you can write it for your report"she walked back to the front of the room, "Class, you will write a 3 or more page report on a personal experience" she stated.

'Great, once again more work' I thought.

"Halie"

"Yes Mrs. Shirley?"

"I hope you have-"

Then the bell rang.

Thank god.

I hurried and grabbed my things. I quickly got out of that room. I met my friend at my locker.

"Hey what's up?" Diamond asked.

"You know just got caught writing in class and have to use that for my report" I said annoyed.

"What?! She's really putting you through that pain?" She asked.

"Yeah. Duh. She's like all the other teachers" I replied.

We started walking then met up with Pony.

"Wow I thought you couldn't get anymore stupid" Cherry snickered stopping us dead in our tracks.

"I would rather be stupid than stuck up" I spat at her then pushed passed her.

I threw my book bag on my shoulder and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"You guys want to come with me to see Dally?" I asked them.

"I gotta go actually Mr. Wrestler gave of loads of homework" Diamond yelled running in the other direction, "bye!"

"Yeah. Bye" I whispered.

We continued walking. I stared blankly at the ground.

"Ponyboy?" I looked up at him.

"Not really" he said.

"Alright ill met you at home" I said walking away.

It's been almost 11 months since Dally went in the cooler. I haven't talked to him since the day I was told he'll be in jail for a year.

"So much for good behavior Dal" I whispered to myself as I walked slowly to see Dally.

___________________________________

A/N: Sorry it took forever I got stuck.

Anyways,

How do you like it so far??

I'm wondering.

What do you think/want to happen?

Let me know

~Di <3