Chapter Three - Breaking Point

A/N:

Hi guys, I'm back. Sorry for the long pause. In this chapter, Daphne gets into a fight...

Thank you for taking the time to read my story! Please vote and comment if you liked this!

Chapter Three – Breaking point

        “What the hell are you doing in my bathroom?” I spluttered. He was leaning against the wall inside the shower, looking cocky as ever.

        “Need I remind you that this is my house?” he said, straightening up and walking over to me.

        “No, you don’t, but do you randomly hide in someone’s shower and then scare them to death?” I retorted. “Plus you would have seen me naked!”

        “I do that once a fortnight,” he replied, “And I have no intention to see you in your naked glory. You’d look disgusting. I hid in the shower just to watch your shocked face. It’s quite funny actually, seeing that look on you face. That was priceless. I should’ve taken a picture and posted it on my Facebook wall. Maybe I’ll even make a video on youtube. But you don’t look good enough – you’d have to put on five layers of makeup, lose some, no, all of your thigh fat, and…”

        I didn’t pay attention to what he was saying anymore. I felt my eyes water with my anger. For some reason, I always cried when I was angry, or frustrated. About 80% of the times I cried, I was probably stuck on a ridiculously difficult Mathematics question, or had bumped into something and was cursing violently at that object.

        I stormed out of the bathroom in a foul mood. Jeez, he is more annoying than the annoying orange. I flopped onto the bed face-down, and didn’t move. The moisture on my lashes stained the sheets, but I didn’t move to wipe my eyes. I waited until I was sure I wasn’t crying anymore. My anger grew to a fever pitch as I lay there. How dare he kidnap me and make a blood slave? A blood slave is something like a prostitute! I refuse to submit to him. I heard footsteps approaching. Without warning, I turned upon the stupid vampire in a dreadful fury. I clawed, slapped, hit, punched and even bit as I struck out in a frenzy. Then I was pinned against the wall, with Mr. Annoying Vampire’s hand pressed in my windpipe. But I didn’t feel any pain at all. In fact, I felt stronger than I ever had before. I looked him straight in the eye before kneeing him where it really hurts. He released me immediately, eyes reddening as his vampire came out. His fangs extended, but I was not afraid. Instead, a strange power rose up inside, making me growl at him, daring him to continue. Then he came at me. However, I was ready. I pounced on him and managed to get a good punch on his jaw before he hit me below my ribs. I ignored the searing pain and retaliated by scratching a deep gash on his arm. It healed slowly, the broken skin repairing itself quickly. I was too busy staring at the wound when he knocked me on the floor. I snarled, and slid out under his body. Then I started raining blows on him, caught up in my inhuman rage. He then broke, and I realised that he hadn’t been using his full strength before. He struck me in the chest, breaking a couple of ribs too, I might add. Although my mind was fainting from the pain, my body knew what to do. I reached out with my hand and twisted his wrist, snapping the bones in it. Then I gave him the finger and jumped through the open window while he clutched his hand in pain.

        I landed on my feet and set off at a run. This guy had an enormous house with an even bigger garden surrounding it. I saw what seemed to be a forest in front of me. Why couldn’t he just plant sunflowers and daisies? I had to swerve, duck, and try not to trip on the tangled roots of the trees. My broken ribs were healing, but they still made it hard to breathe.I heard another pair of approaching footsteps, and quickened my pace as much as possible without smashing into a tree and incapacitating myself. Unfortunately, at that exact moment I crashed into a small, frail looking tree, and fell to the ground. Shit! My ribs were re-broken and crashing into the tree had wasted me too much time. I would be caught. I was so angry, so frustrated that I couldn’t escape, that I kicked the tree in anger, breaking it in half.