Chapter Seven

A bright light blinds my vision. Three blurred figures stand over me, conversing in hushed tones. My heart beats loudly, making it hard to hear the conversation.

"I didn't do anything. He just passed out."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Why did you do that, Roman? I believed we had agreed not to tell him the truth."

"He asked me. What was I supposed to do?! Lie?! You knew how much Cory meant to me! I couldn't hide the truth forever!"

"Shh. I think he's waking up."

The three images all focus into the shapes of Prince, Logic, and Morality huddling around me on the couch. They all stop talking and look over at me. I sit up slowly, keeping my eyes down.

Morality offers a comforting smile. "How are you feeling, kiddo?"

I mutter a quiet, "I'm sorry." They look at me in shock as I put my hood up and trudge back to my room. My dream plays back in my mind. He was their friend, and I took him away. It's my fault isn't it?

My fault.

----------------------------------------------

I had been sulking in my room for about an hour when I hear a knock at my door. I look to the floor, not bothering to answer it.

"Virgil? Are you okay?" I shudder at Roman's voice through the door. "Stop pouting. It gives you frown lines."

I stand and peek through the door. "What do you want...?"

"I just thought I'd check on you," he shrugs.

"I'm not your friend," I respond curtly. "I'm not Cory or whoever you want me to be. I don't want your pity."

Roman's eyes look hurt, but he doesn't let it show. He never does. He's perfect.
He walks away slowly and I close the door. I hear him just outside mutter, "I was hoping you still had some good left in you."

A/N Sorry this one is so short and it took so long. My writer's block is awful right now. But hopefully I'll be able to get more chapters out soon!