13- Will

The beach was a dull but beautiful sight.  I had almost never gone- we had never had the time or money to go on vacation and I didn't know there was one here.  The bright white sun was slowly setting, and Nico and I took in our surroundings.  His hand gently took mine up and I pursed my lips. I didn't know how I felt about him.  He was so refreshing.  He was smart, funny in a sarcastic and cute way, and always managed to surprise me in the best way.   He was attractive, with beautiful long eyelashes and a smirk that made my head spin, and he could be both cold hearted and lovably dorky.  I smiled as he glanced at me and kicked off his shoes, walking barefoot towards the water.  I did the same, our hands still intertwined, and watched the sun fall over the water.  It was warm as it splashed up over my ankles, and Nico laughed quietly.  Smiling, we shared a look, my eyes holding something that can only be described as adoration.  

And then something happened.

It wasn't slow, the way I thought it would be.  It was like a splash- no. An explosion.  Reds, oranges and blues wiped the sky's grey away, and the ocean roared with blue and green.  And then I looked at Nico, his fresh, black hair tousled and waving in the wind, his eyes glistening a chocolate brown and his lips tinted a pretty pink, lush and smiling.  My heart pounded, taking beats two at a time.  I sank to my knees, my chest contracting and I started to cry.  This wasn't what I expected.  My shoulders shook.  Nico dropped down next to me and grasped me gently, his eyes full of concern. His lips moved- he was asking if I was okay.  I looked up through the blur of tears and wrapped my arms around him.  He was stiff with shock, but he soon melted and held me back, and we sat on the sand, soaked and smiling, my tears stopped to make way for a rainbow.  I guess I finally knew what I felt now.