28- Nico

He wasn't at school. Of course not, it was Sunday. But that was the only place I knew where to go. From there, I could go back to his house.  The walk was dark. I felt my eyelids droop.  I knew this wasn't a good time to be caught in the dark, so I walked faster. My heart raced at the idea of seeing him again, being with him again.  When I arrived, the door was locked. I knocked, but nobody answered. The lights were off.  I wouldn't disturb him. I'd come back tomorrow. For now... I felt a yawn on my lips. I needed sleep, but where would I go? Not back to Jason. I guess... I sat down on the familiar stairs outside Will's door.  I guess I would... my eyelids fluttered for the thousandth time that night. I would.... and then I think I fell asleep. 

I woke in the early hours of morning.  
It was 3:11, but a light was on inside. I shot up when I realized I had fallen asleep on my old soulmates doorstep. How cliche. I brushed myself off and knocked.  A few minutes passed before I knocked again, desperate. I heard one lock click and the door opened slightly, a chain holding it in place. It rattled quietly. "Who is it?" I heard a hoarse voice whisper. "Uhm, Ah, hey, Solace..." I started, but I never got to finish. The door slammed shut, then after a few clicks, it swung wide open and Will stood in front of me, astounded. His mouth was open slightly and his eyes were tracing over my every feature. He had grown since I last saw him. His hair was curlier, he was a little taller, and wore a tank top and shorts.  I was in my black hoodie and jeans. He exhaled. Tears stung my eyes.

I threw myself at him, my arms wrapping around his neck. He stumbled backwards, then caught me and held me tighter. I had forgotten his warmth. The door was still open and a cool breeze was drifting in, so he closed it with his foot and I buried my face in his shoulder. Neither of us said anything, but I knew he was confused.  Detaching myself, my eyes dragged to the floor. A warm hand lifted my chin, wet with tears.
"What's the matter?"
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm- so sorry."
"Sorry?"
"I'm sorry for not coming back sooner, for not believing in you, for trusting Jason, and for making you choose between me and your family. I'm sorry for not trusting that you wouldn't do this. I'm so sorry, Will."
I heard a laugh and looked up.
"No. No, Nico. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for giving in, for leaving you, for listening to him."
"Well..." I bit my lip. "I'm.. back. If you still want me."
Wills mouth opened, but no words came out. Right. Of course not.  I turned to leave, but he grabbed my arm. "No. I mean yes. I mean- stay!" He winced. "I love you. Don't go." My heart pounded. "Wouldn't dream of it." I rushed back into his arms and planted a kiss on his lips, my tears flowing freely onto both our faces now.  "I missed you so much." I whispered.

"Come on, let's go tell ma so she won't freak out when she sees you tomorrow." He laughed, taking my hand and pulling me up the all too familiar steps.