Leaders

Bellamy:

When my sensations came back to me I felt someone's fingers running through my hair. It took the pain away from everything else. I felt like I was home again. I shook my head as I realized I wasn't home. My eyes slowly flickered open, adjusting to the bright light above me.

The porcelain woman froze above me. Her eyes looking deep into mine. I pulled my gaze away from her. I looked around the white room. I was back. "You've been out for quite some time now Bellamy." The woman's voice filled with concern. I was tied down incapable of moving away from her. She continued to run her fingers through my hair, slowly moving down my cheeks, moving to my neck. I squeezed my eyes closed hoping she would stop. I couldn't take it.

The woman's fingers retracted from my neck as I tried to pull away. I opened my eyes again to catch the look on her face. Her face had fallen to look at her fingertips. Her eyes filled with tears. "I hate to see them hurt you." A tear fell from her eye landing on my bare chest. "If you just tell them what they want to hear they'll stop. Just please, say something. Anything." Her gaze shifted up, her eyes locking onto mine. Why did she care if they tortured me? She was one of them.

"If they want peace, this isn't the way to get it." I couldn't hide the irritation in my voice, but I didn't care. Torturing me would get them nowhere. If it was information they wanted, they had to earn it. I would withstand the torture. Or at least die trying.

She stood up, slamming her hands on the table near my bed. "Why must you be so difficult?" Her voice was nearly broken. She was clearly emotional. I couldn't wrap my head around this woman. She made no sense. At least when Octavia tried to help Lincoln it was because he had done something to prove himself to her. I didn't even know this woman.

Her heavy breathing slowly died down as she turned around. Tears falling down her face which she tried to hide with a fake artificial smile.

"Why do you care what they do to me?" Her face-hardened washing away her smile.

"Because... I just do." Her voice cracked as if she was holding back something. I tilted my head to one side trying to figure her out. "Ever since we took you in as prisoners..."

She was cut off by the door being slammed open making her flinch. "You know you can't be in here with him alone!" A man yelled from the doorway. Her face hardened as she looked up at the man.

She turned to face him moving her arms across her chest. "In case you forgot, I have to fix the damage that you people have done." Silence filled the room.

The man stepped forward, standing inches from the porcelain woman. "Get out of here before I take you out myself." The woman stormed out of the room.

The man took the radio hooked to his waist as soon as she left the room. The radio cracked once he turned it on. "Okay, sir she's gone."

Within a few seconds, a group of men filled the room. The same man who had tortured me with the paddle yesterday stood at the foot of my bed. "Yesterday was just the beginning boy. We have much better things planned for you." Satisfaction in his eyes. I tried to relax my body, preparing for what I had in store. This was a fight of the mind. If I didn't let my pain consume me anything they did to me wouldn't matter.

"Your little lady doctor won't be here to help you now." A small smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth. "How many of you are there?" I closed my eyes to prepare myself to be hit with the paddle again, but I'm surprised when my skin is met with a burning sensation on my chest. The burn was isolated, controlled but it was deep. My eyes flickered open. The man was pressing a burning piece of metal against my skin.