jesus the math tutor

I would like to think that getting a job that heavily prioritizes organization to remain functional and even teaches it to the students would help me to become more organized, but obviously not, as I realize upon entering my car that I forgot my bag in Mr. Webb's room (do I still have to call him Mr. Webb when I'm thinking about him? Honestly, I'm a bit intimidated by his intelligence, so for all I know he could be hacking into my brain to read my thoughts, and I don't want to take any chances, so I guess I'll stick with the honorific). How did this even happen? Shouldn't I have felt the lack of weight on my shoulders? How am I this forgetful? I still have eight months left to improve, though. Let's focus on the bright side of things -- although I think that mindset of mine is more of a tactic to remove the blame from me.

I look through the window on Mr. Webb's classroom door and find that he is helping out a student with his math assignment. I am almost deterred until I remember that I can't "Sorry to interrupt, but I'm a fool who forgot his bag, so I'll be out of your hair in just a second."

Mr. Webb nods to me wordlessly, and I take that as an invitation to proceed with my hunt, while he proceeds with his tutoring session. Having nothing else to occupy my ears with, I can't help but listen to Mr. Webb's explanation of the current math problem. The way he handles it is so gentle and understanding in regards to the student, and I have no doubt that the student is learning a lot. I wish I had this type of positive teachers when I was coming through school. Alas, I did not, and now I have to rely on my GPS to tell me how long it will take to drive nineteen miles at fifty miles per hour, etc.

I locate my bag in the corner and sling it over my back. "My apologies once again," I repeat guiltily, slipping out the door and closing it.

I had no idea I was working with Jesus himself.

~~~~~

A/N: why r my chapters so short lmfao

~Dickotass