this seems like a high school movie

We're standing on the track part of the turf field during recess duty when Matthew springs a question on me that I have already been debating for a while. "So how are things going with you and Levi?"

My stomach drops for two reasons: Matthew called Mr. Webb by his first name, and he reminded me of what I did this morning. I start by addressing my first concern. "You're allowed to call him that?" When Matthew only gives me a perplexed expression, I move on. "I thought he was starting to like me until this morning when I showed up with donuts for the class in an endeavor to celebrate the fact that it's Friday. He pulled me into the hall to explain that I should not disturb the students' peaceful behavior by getting them all excited with donuts."

"He's so uptight," Matthew comments, then taking the first bite of an apple he snatched from the cafeteria before making his way down to the field. "He probably sits with his legs crossed."

"Oh he does. That's the pose he uses when flipping through his three inch binder of notes."

He takes notes religiously. It would be funny were it not for the level of care he puts into his notes. It's intense. If he had to choose between his notes and his own mother, I think we all know who he would pick.

I stare at his undefined figure from the other side of the field. "Why does he have to be so hot, though?"

Matthew also stares. "Ask his parents. I don't fucking know."

"Matthew, do not use such profanity around the children," I warn him, as if I don't curse at school as long as Mr. Webb isn't around to punish me for it with a stern lecture on how it's unprofessional to do so. He seems to love giving those. I wish he loved giving me a break instead.

~~~~~

A/N: Levi is lowkey so funny to me

~Da[n]kota