Inej- Wake Up

Night_Shadowcat

And

heeyitsm

You guys are great with your support and you guys are some great authors, go check them out when you have the chance or this very moment!

 G R A C E F U L L Y, the spider walked along the railing, not too slow nor too fast. Her hair was tight in a braid as she was getting a job done, quick and silent, so she could get home to the slat and enjoy kippers while she stretched her feet. Inej could feel the bliss already.

 The polluted air of Ketterdam, which she was used to, filled the Wraith's nostrils as she now ran from roof to roof in the night. The town was still as restless as it was during the day with its common Merch walking along as if their money we not to be spent in such a city, and the thieves, murderers, and other crime hustlers that cover as Merchs to get by without any of their normal trouble, which would be most of them.

Though she was moving swiftly over the roofs, Inej felt as if she were glued to the same place. Never moving. It was an odd feeling, one she hasn't felt before. 

 For a moment she stopped to take in her surroundings and the scenery. 

 Everything looked exactly the same. It was as if she never passed the silos at the docks.

 Unusual. 

 She paused with her census and looked up at the silver faced moon. Where there was supposed to be a giant ball of light turned out to be nothing. The noc of the night was not in the sky. But warmly behind her, she felt something, almost like an aura.

 Inej slowly turned readying Sankta Alina for her purpose in any case. Instead of seeing a live person, she saw a dead figure who's white clothes glowed in some kind of self-radiating light.

 Inej's white shadow stood with half a smile on her face and her hands occupied with twin katanas. "Hello, Wraith."

 The Spider's blood went cold as she remembered killing the girl. And so she realized her dream. But the feeling that she couldn't wake up was so real. 

 Then Inej thought about Kaz. He would never send her on a mission like this by herself any more. Not ever since he confessed.

 The Wraith's train of thought was interrupted. 

 "What is it? No tricks up your sleeve?" the memory taunted. "You're one to talk, coming from a dead girl who's just some product of my memory."

 Dunyasha snapped her neck to the side. "I'm an not just some product of imagination. I am an embodiment of all your regrets,"

 " Stop talking. "

 "Your weaknesses," she said turning into Kaz.

 " I said stop talking. "

 "Your secrets." Turning into Nina.

 "I SAID STOP TALKING!" 

 The echo was carried off into the night. 

 Soon enough the embodiment turned back into Dunyasha. The aura never disappeared, like it was another version of a shadow.

 "So tense." It said. There was a glint in her eyes. Inej calmed herself down. It was occasional that she were to get mad like that. Even in a dream, she never really got angry.

 "Aw, optimist gone pessimist? " Inej threw Sankta Alina at the white shadow. But instead of hitting its target, the embodiment dispersed into a cloud of dust. Just to reappear behind Inej. 

 "It's good you found out her tells. If you didn't then you most likely would be been dead, off in the place you call hell in your religion. Or maybe even rotting at the base of a tree-" 

 The Wraith thought quickly. She didn't feel like pinching would be enough the moment, so she took Sankta Anastasia from her thigh and pressed the tip into her abdomen. 

 Even for a dream, the pain still felt so real, it was blurring.

 The embodiment bent down to look at Inej bleeding out. It sighs "Running away. Something you swore to never do." 

 Inej had enough. Slowly as her vision darkened, she took the knife from her abdomen and stuck it into the embodiment's side striking.

Quickly Inej sat up in bed, with Kaz's arm loosely wrapped around her waist. Still, his arm coiled tighter as he woke. "What happened?" 

 His face crossed with real worry as he saw his lover drenched in sweat and breathing hard. "Inej-" he swiftly felt her head. "You're burning up." Kaz quickly took her in his arms and carried her to the Loo.

 Her breathing was still the same, rapid and heated while she murmured under her breath. Kaz wetted a rag with cold water and held it up to her forehead. "Inej." He took her hand. She looked up at him. 

 "You're real?" she asked, eyes looking like newly birthed showers. Kaz nodded and hugged her to his chest, "I'm real. All you had to do was wake up. You're fine."

 Inej closed her eyes and returned his embrace. "Love you." She whispered. 

 Kaz softly kissed her forehead. "I love you too."

 It was an idea I had in class. It kind of sucked, but it looks good. Sort of sappy though at the end. Hope you guys like it and sorry for the over dued update.

 Love you all.

Nightlie.