Prologue

Peter landed on the floor after letting go of his grip on the ceiling, and pulled off his mask. He was facing the window so he didn't know aunt May was standing in his doorway until she yelled, "What the h***!!?"
Peter froze.
Ohhh crap.
His whole expression filled with dread as he turned around, slowly sliding on his still suited feet.
"H-hi Aunt May, how're you doing?" he grimaced, knowing he was already dead.
"Y-y-you w-were on the c-ceiling!!" She shrieked.
"No-no, no, aunt May, I wasn't!" Peter tried covering up his stupid mistake. "I was just hanging off a... a, a pull-up bar I put in my room."
He fumbled for an explanation, but in all honesty, he had none. Aunt May had caught him, in his suit, on his bedroom ceiling. And there was nothing he could do about it.
"No you were not, don't you dare lie to me Peter Parker!" Aunt May looked like she was either about to faint or go into cardiac arrest.
Peter spluttered for a moment, trying to find something to say that would give her some peace of mind about everything that had just happened, but after a moment he just gave up because he couldn't say anything. He physically couldn't spit any words out of his mouth because the truth was he didn't know what to say. He wanted to tell her everything right then and there. But he also never wanted her to know anything. He didn't want her to worry about him constantly, at least not any more than she already did.
They both stood there frozen, staring at each other.
Tears started to creep into the corners of Peter's eyes, threatening to fall. "I-I...."
"Oh Peter," was all May said before reaching out and pulling him into a warm hug.
He just stood there for a moment, his arms hanging at his sides, not knowing how to respond. Then as the tears started to fall, he hugged her back, clinging to her as if she was the only thing keeping him from falling off a very tall cliff.