Chapter 5

Peter's POV

I made my way home after scanning Times Square for any other evidence. When I got back through my window Ned came running in my room.
"Dude! What happened?! The storm was there and then it just disappeared! There were even some cameras that caught part of it after the storm cleared up before that girl took off!"
"Whoa, calm down," I said, taking my mask off and pressing my chest to slide my suit off. I pulled a sweatshirt on and a pair of jeans before turning back to Ned. "Just sit down and I'll explain everything."
Ned went back into the living room and sat on the couch while I followed.
"Well?" he was still freaking out, but on a way lower level.
"I'm pretty sure it was one of those mutants, like what's his name..."
"Wolverine?!" Ned's freak out level spiked.
"Yeah! But she has these crazy awesome and freakin' scary ice powers. Well, obviously, because of the ice storm."
"So she was the one that caused that whole storm?!" He was still freaking.
"Yes Ned, yes. Now calm down."
I had kept the part about the fact that she also had fire powers as well as her escaping while I still didn't get a chance to find out who she was, from him; on account of the fact that he was already practically hyperventilating.
"There's a mutant in New York!!"
"Ned, please calm down, you're worse than when you found out about me!"
"Sorry, this is just insane!" He calmed down a bit, but still looked excited.
"I know, it was more insane being there. I mean, she was shooting ice at me, and I could barely see. I just wish I could've found out who she was," I sighed and leaned back on the couch, playing the day's events over and over again in my head.
Just then the door flung open and May practically ran through it and straight over to me.
"What the heck were you thinking?!!" She started yelling. "You could have gotten yourself killed!! How could you do that to me?!"
"May, May! Calm down, I'm fine! How did you even know I was there?" I stood up and put my hands up, then stopped a little confused as to how she even knew that I was out in that storm.
"It was all over the news! Did you not turn the tv on?! Oh wait, you wouldn't have because you were out there when they were live!"
"Ok, ok, just calm down and let me explain. I was out there because the storm wasn't just a random atmospheric occurrence! It was a person," I tried explaining it and when I told her she looked shocked.
"A person caused that entire storm?! H-how?!" And now she started to freak out.
I was about to answer when Ned stood up obviously starting to freak out again, and answered for me. "It was a mutant! A mutant with majorly awesome ice powers, in New York City!"
Ned started screaming out of excitement and aunt May started screaming out of fear. I just stood there for a moment before raising my hands in front of both of their mouths and yelling at the top of my lungs, "Both of you just shut up!"
Both of them clapped their mouths shut and looked at me expectantly.
"May, everything's going to be fine. Ned, quit freaking out, it's not even that exciting."
"Yes it is!" Ned blurted.
"Ok, fine, maybe a little. But still, just tone it down a bit. And both of you can calm down because I will handle this."
"Oh no you won't!" May exclaimed, interrupting me again. "I won't let you get yourself hurt or maybe even killed over a mutant with ice powers. No, no, absolutely not! I'm putting my foot down!"
"May..."
"No!"
I put my hands down and looked at my feet, avoiding looking her in the eyes, because if I did I would explode. Again.
"I'm going to call Mr. Stark and see if he knows anything," I mumbled, walking past them and into my room, closing my door behind me.
I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands, leaning forward with my elbows on my knees.
She still didn't understand. After everything that happened and everything we talked about, she still refused to believe that I would be alright. And now she wasn't letting me do my job.
This... being Spider-Man was the most important thing in my entire life, and she was trying to take it away from me because she thought I was gonna die.
I'm only suiting up at night and going out to fight bad guys because I was trying to save other people's lives, even if it meant risking or even losing my own in the process. Because I care more about saving this city than my own life.
I sat there for a moment as a single tear slipped down my cheek, before sitting up and quickly wiping it away. I grabbed my phone and went straight to my contacts, tapping on Mr. Stark's number and putting the phone to my ear.
After the whole ordeal with the Vulture, Tony had generally learned to pick up the phone when I called him... mostly.
I heard a click and a, "Yes, Mr. Parker? Make it fast I'm a bit busy."
"O-oh, well, I c-can just call back later if you want," I stuttered, not knowing what to do with the situation.
"You obviously have something to say, kid, spit it out," he didn't exactly sound annoyed, but he sounded a little stressed.
"W-well, I'm guessing you heard about the ice storm earlier?"
"Yes, actually I was meaning to talk to you about that later, but what about it?"
"I was just wondering if you knew anything about it, like any extra details... like who that girl that caused the storm is," I stood up and slightly paced around my room.
"Wait, it was a human that caused that storm?!" Mr. Stark sounded like he was about to freak out.
"Y-you d-didn't know that?" He was starting to sound panicked so I started to panic.
"No! Who was it, what were they, why did they do it?"
"I don't know! I tried figuring out all of the above, but I never got the chance. Although..." I paused for a moment, once again replaying the day's events in my head.
"What?! Spit it out!" Tony seemed really agitated about this, and I understood why, but geez man, even I wasn't freaking out about this when I found out. And he's supposed to be the mostly level headed one.
"She did say something about me being the reason for the storm, I'm pretty sure it was to draw me out. She said that I was the only thing standing in her way, but didn't specify of what. The whole conversation was weird," I was talking quickly as the thoughts flashed in front of my eyes.
"Oh wow. Well, have Karen send me the footage so I can analyze it, and for now just don't worry about it while I try and figure this out, I'll keep you updated. By kid," he hung up before I could say anything. Then before I could even put my phone away I got a text.

Tony - 'And stay out of trouble, meaning don't get yourself killed.'

I chuckled a little and put my phone in my pocket. Then I remembered my conversation with May, and I groaned, flopping face first on my bed.
I was exhausted after that fight, so about five minutes later I was out cold, almost snoring.

~~~

Sorry it took me forever to update, school started and I've been working, and I've been sick. So, yeah. But here it is! Comment and vote before you leave, it'll mean so much! Love y'all!