Chapter 7

Peter's POV

It was a week after what happened with Icer, which is what Ned was calling the mutant girl that caused the ice storm, and it was the day we start our chemistry group projects. I was sitting in my seat next to Quinn listening to the teacher rattle off all the groups until he got to mine.
"Ned and Michelle, Peter and Quinn...."
I didn't listen after that. I looked beside me to see Quinn looking at me, a very faint pink lightly painting her cheeks.
"Well then," I said after a couple awkward moments.
"Yep..." she obviously had no idea what to say.
After the teacher had finished listing the groups he started explaining what we were going to be doing. "This project is going to take your groups the entire rest of this semester to complete. Or at least that's how long it's supposed to take. For some of you it will take longer," he pointedly looked at Flash. "And for others it will take only a week." He looked at Quinn, then at me, then went back to explaining. "You and your partners will choose a project from the list that I have passed out to each of you, and will begin working on it immediately. You can work on it during class for the next five weeks, or you can work outside of class, but I warn you, if you choose only to work during class it will take you significantly longer. You can also choose to do both. Now, talk to your partners and get started!"
I looked over the list briefly and looked at Quinn. She was intently reading the list, and when she got to a certain spot she paused and grinned, then she looked up at me.
"Do you want to choose which one we're doing?" She asked me.
"No, you go ahead," I smiled at her. "You look like you already have one in mind anyway."
"Yeah, actually!" She looked super excited. "We're going to do Conductimetric Titration and Gravimetric Determination of a Precipitate, and-" she paused for a moment and raised her hand.
"Yes Miss Carter?" The teacher looked to her.
"Are we allowed to do and extra experiment for extra credit?"
The teacher looked surprised for a moment before answering, "Sure."
Everyone else looked at Quinn like she was crazy as she turned happily back to me.
"And we're doing Ferrofluid."
"Cool," I said, satisfied with her choice.
"No protest?" She looked a little surprised.
"Nope, those were the ones that I actually wanted to do, the others looked too easy," I replied, grinning at her.
"Okay," she flipped to the pages in the booklet the teacher had also passed out to us that our first experiment was on and began reading the procedure out loud.
I leaned over her shoulder and read along with her.
After several minutes of only noise from others around us, and silence between us, we both finished reading. I sat back in my chair and grabbed a notebook, and so did Quinn.
For the rest of the period we discussed different methods for approaching the experiment, and by the very end of class we started talking about timeframes for working outside of class.
"What times work for you?" Quinn asked. "I can do most days after school, except for Fridays."
"If its right after school I can do it, but I'm busy most nights," I replied, trying to word it so that I wouldn't give anything away.
"Why don't you just take my phone number and let me know when you want to work on it?"
I was taken aback for a moment, and then I looked away from her, scratching the back of my neck and trying to hide my burning cheeks.
"U-u-uh, s-sure," curse my freaking stutter! And did my voice just crack?! Way to be subtle about it Peter!
I pulled out my phone and unlocked it, handing it to her. She handed her's to me while she put her info into mine. I typed in my number and put it under a new contact. When I was done I gave it back to her and took mine in return.
"So..." she started, putting her phone in her back pocket. "I'll see ya around."
"Y-yeah," I was trying really hard not to space out overthinking what was happening.
She got up and grabbed her bag, walking out the door. I watched her go, my mind drawing a blank trying to comprehend what just just happened.
"Mr. Parker!" The voice quite close to me snapped me back to reality, and I looked next to me to see the teacher leaning against my desk smirking at me. "Are you going to sit through a senior chemistry class? Or are you not going to be late for your advanced geometry class?"
"R-right, sorry," I fumbled with my stuff, slinging my bag over my shoulder and rushing out the door. I heard the teacher mutter to himself as I left. "Kids in love... way too early in life."
My face turned a little red and I put my head down as I speed-walked through the school to my geometry class, mentally slapping myself for being so stupid. Pull yourself together, idiot.
I walked into class just as the bell rang, taking my seat, my head still facing the floor.

~A/N~
Soooooooooooo sorry for the really long delay, I've been struggling with this story for a bit trying to figure out what to do next, but I finally figured it out! So here you go! Also sorry if it's short, I wanted to give you something as soon as possible, so I stopped the chapter where I did. But the next one should come sooner than this one did, but please be patient with me. Also excuse any grammar and spelling mistakes.
Love y'all!
- Quinn