Chapter 2

*Unedited*

"Excuse me?!"

There I was standing with the eyes of the whole class on me. Obviously that's what you get when you excuse yourself in the middle of the class; Almost anyways.

"Hmm.. sorry I'm late. I couldn't find my way to the class."

Through the specs on the bridge of his nose the man standing in front of the class said "Okay your excuses since your new here. But don't take me for granted, this will the last time!"

"I'm sorry"

"Okay. Go take a seat"

Embarrassed to the core I walked in without making eye contact with the people around; I spotted an empty seat in the second row and settled in. I pulled out a pen and a notebook.

Mr. Morrison is who's class I was in, he was a middle aged man, tall, hair turned grey and formally dressed. He was gonna teach English major. (I did do a fair amount of research which involved stalking and googling to know about the teachers here.)

"Psssh hey!"

I turned to the voice which came from the girl sitting besides me. She was a light completioned girl with short brown and red streaked hair.

I smiled at her saying "hey!"

"Hey I'm Merissa Hayden."

"Nice! I'm Spencer Ferns."

"Don't mind Mr. Morrison. He's always a pain in the ass! And everyone takes him for granted."

Half sniggering I replied
"Well yeah... it's fine though. So what are we doing now?"

"Hmm I'm pretty sure we are just whispering to each other right now." She stated matter-of-factly.

"HA HA. So not funny, I meant what are we doing as in what is he doing?" Pointing towards Mr. Morrison.

"He! Nothing much really just explaining some boring ass poem, which he read to the class, that he came across somewhere and obviously it touched him."

"Uggh. I hate poems."

"Yeah, well the feeling is mutual. Okay so anyways what's your story?"

"Story?" Confused I replied.

"Yeah like duh. Tell me about yourself."

"Oh. Hmm, I got a scholarship to this school from my previous school; so basically here I am."

"Nice."

"Miss Hayden! Can you stop entertaining people. You have been called to the office. Again." Mr. Morrison grunted in monotone voice.

"Yeah okay!" Replied Merissa, stood up collected her stuff, gave me a wink while waving at me, and walked out.

The rest of the day was pretty mundane. I happened to make some friends. Most of them being just Marissa's squad. Logan Bennett tall, blond haired guy  who happens to be  Marissa's boyfriend, Alex short for Alexandra Denson she's really the quite type with long, straight black hair. They were all very friendly and welcoming.

My first day came to an end, I was on my way back home. My house wasn't that far off from my school, so I just walked the way out.

I walked to my front door only to discover that the house besides mine which was empty for almost a year, is going to have occupants. So I just stood there at my front porch, watching as all the boxes were being unloaded and carried in.

"Hey there!"

I turned towards the front of the once empty house from where the voice came. The owner was a young -maybe twenty years- dirty blond haired, shirtless guy (must a add really cute one).

I suddenly realised I was staring and might be even drooling over his abs and six packs. So I diverted my eyes, just in case wiped my mouth too.

"Hey" I said, offering a genuine smile at him.

"Hi, so do you live here?"

"Yeah, I do actually. I'm sorry but, who are you?"

"Oh sorry, where are my manners? I'm Greg Wilson and you are?"

"Spencer Ferns."

"A pretty name for the pretty girl." He said with a smirk on his face.

At this comment I felt my cheeks heating up, I'm sure to be crimson now. Just then I heard my front door open, and mom popped her head out.
"I knew I head someone out here."

"Hey Mom" I said

"Hi honey, how was your first day!" She seemed really excited even though it was my first day of school and not her's.

"It was fine. Oh mom come meet Greg here."

Mom stepped out of the house to where I was standing.

"Hi there young man."

"Hi Mrs. Ferns, I'm Greg Wilson your new neighbour."

"Wait, what your our neighbour!" I exclaimed louder then I expected.

"Spencer, this is not what your dad and I thought you. Don't be rude now." Mom said.

Greg gave short laugh. "It's fine Mrs. Ferns."

Obviously embarrassed with my actions I apologised. "Sorry I didn't mean it like that, I just couldn't believe you are going to be our neighbour now."

"It's fine. No offence taken."

Just then the phone started ringing from inside our house.
"Alright children, thats my queue, got to run. Greg why don't you and your family join us for dinner today? Please do come, I'm not going to take no for an answer. See you later!"
With that my mom ran in, to get the phone.

"Yeah, you and your family should come over for dinner tonight."

"I'm sure my family would love to, but right now I don't live with my family any more, but I will come over for dinner I can't really say no at this point."

"Cool. I'll see you later then?"

"Yep, without any doubt."

Authors note:

Hey guys!

Sorry for taking so long, but I was kinda busy with other things and I didn't seem to find the time.

Anyways, here is the second chapter.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused because of my bad grammar and spelling mistakes. Hope you'll understand and not give up on this book. Thanks!

Happy reading!

❤❤❤