novem ' avaritia

•

Omniscient

"I want you to announce something tomorrow."

Min flinched at Jungkook's words, thinking for a moment before replying.

"Isn't that the P.I.O.'s job?" she asked rhetorically. Jungkook tilted his head, pen never being lifted from the files he was currently working on.

It was a Tuesday afternoon, and although the weather was pleasant with cumulus clouds adorning the baby blue sky, it was certainly not the case inside the Student Council room. It felt suffocating, as she would describe, already being handed a pile of paperworks to do as soon as she replaced the old secretary. It did not help that Jungkook's aura radiated off every now and then, making her feel inferior under his presence.

"The P.I.O is currently absent. Probably got TB or something, I wouldn't be surprised if he died already," he let out a chuckle at his own joke. Min gulped down her saliva, not knowing how to react as the topic of death was once intriguing to her.

"Besides," he started off again. "I just want you, yourself, to announce that you've officially replaced Kang So Hye as the new secretary of the Student Council, alongside some platforms I've laid out for the school year."

Speaking of which, where was Kang So Hye? Ever since Jungkook offered her the job, she never saw the girl again. She felt a wave of guilt, thinking maybe So Hye actually wanted to be or was good at being a secretary, only to be forced to resign with an undecided impeachment.

Maybe it was just how influential the president that she worked under was. There was no other valid explanation.

"Also, you can announce the membership for your club since Bang-nim signed the approval already."

"You took care of my proposal?"

"Yeah, it's the least I could do for you,"

Min almost genuinely smiled until Jungkook grabbed the back of her head and put their foreheads together, his peppermint breath softly grazing her lips.

"For being under my control."

"Yah Jeon Jungk - holy mother of Gucci what in Jesus' name are you doing-"

Before Min could even register the turn of events, the door opened a little too violently and in came another student who was now frozen on the spot.

Min stared at the cinnamon brown haired student in horror, realization finally dawning onto her as she had once also experienced being the person to walk in on an awkward scene.