Age 17

Y/N= Your Name

This is your outfit:

You were 17, and it was by far the hottest summer on record

You were 17, and it was by far the hottest summer on record. You sat on the floor of the Heffley's garage, leaning against Rowley's shoulder. The two of you listened to Joshie through a pair of shared earbuds, as you finished the last of your Popsicle. You adjusted the earbud in your ear before going back to stroking Greg's hair, as he lay napping in your lap. To most people your position would have looked awkward, but the two were like brothers to you, so you didn't mind being close to them.

From the other side of the room a shirtless Rodrick flipped his drumsticks lazily in the air as he sat at his drum set. He had invited the three of you to watch him practice, but eventually the heat had gotten to him, and he had lost interest in smashing wildly on the drums.

Juice from your Popsicle dripped onto Greg's face, waking him up with a start.

"Sorry." You mumbled, wiping his face with the end of your faded band t-shirt. Finishing your Popsicle, you licked your now blue lips, and flipped over the stick to read the joke on the back. "Hey Greg, how did the telephone propose to his girlfriend?"

He groaned, laying his head back down in your lap.

"He gave her a ring." You and Rowley chuckled at the bad joke, causing Greg to groan even louder.

Flicking the stick away, you sighed. "It's too hot for this." You lightly shook Greg to get him to sit up, before pulling yourself off Rowley's shoulder. You handed him back the earbud.

"Let's go to the pool." Greg suggested.

"It'll be too crowded." You complained.

"Not if we go to the country club."

"Oh no! Remember what happened last time?" Rowley cried.

"C'mon that was like 5 years ago."

"No Greg." Rowley shook his head.

"Okay." He mumbled, lying across the floor. "This is so boring!"

"You know what's not boring?" Rodrick asked, joining the conversation. "Getting your brother a drink."

"No way!" Greg made a face.

"Do it, or I'll tell Mom and Dad you were the one who broke the camera."

"Ugh, fine." He sighed, giving in.

"I'm thirsty too." Rowley added.

"Well you can get your own drink." Greg protested. The two went into the house, leaving you and Rodrick alone.

"I was the one who broke the camera." Rodrick admitted, smiling.

You giggled, nodding. "So..." You muttered, feeling awkward being alone with Rodrick.