Chapter 1: The night before

Harry pov:

The sun set about 3 hours ago and now the sky is filled with shining stars that barely illuminate the pitch black world above. I'm sitting on a window sill in the landing simply leaning back against the comfy cushion behind me and staring out into the night hoping to catch a glimpse of Remus on his way back from his evening transformation.

The moon light strikes the lens of my glasses and bounces off onto the window pane as though the small ray of light were also trying to seek out the werewolf. Sirius is currently downstairs possibly pacing until the floorboards below his feet groan in agony.

I do hope that the twins aren't staying up until Remus returns home as tomorrow we're heading off to Hogwarts and they'll be first years.

I wonder if they have even packed their trunks properly or if they even know how to back a trunk in the first place. With that thought in mind I push myself up off of the window sill with little elegance as I stumble a little. But once I regain my balance I jog past my room and Remus & Sirius's until I stop at the third door next to the stairs that leads downwards.

I knock gently upon the smooth surface and wait for someone to open up and allow me inside and luckily I don't need to wait long. As not long after I knock the door is pulled open slightly and a puzzled face pokes out of the gap and looks up and the puzzled expression transforms into a wide grin that reminds me of Sirius's smile.

Freckles spread across the bridge of their nose and eyes a pool of grey that could challenge the gloomy clouds any day. Hair as tangled as a birds nest and as dark as the earth under grass framed their face perfectly. These traits belonged to the eldest twin Meg, her head leaned against the door frame as she waited for me to say something.

" Meg, can I come in? " I ask with my head lowering a little as I tried to use my puppy dog eyes.

She chuckles to herself and throws her head back as she opens the door wider for me to pass through. Her hands now raking though the knotted locks while whining now and then as some refuse to come undone.

I bow my head as a silent thank you before stepping into the boiling bedroom and closing the door quietly behind me. I turn back around and take in my surroundings, Meg hurried over to her bed on the left side of the room to return to a small hardback book.

On her side of the room the walls are a lovely sage colour partially covered in posters and many drawings. Meg liked to draw sometimes and whenever she drew something she was proud of she'd stick it up with the rest. The duvet that she layed upon is surprisingly a dark grey that nearly matches her eyes.

Beside the bed is a tree stump side table, yes I'm not kidding she actually has that and to be honest it looks alright. But atop the side table is a cup of milk and a few chocolate frogs that have not been feasted upon it seems.

I glance to the floor and find that the floor can barely be seen because of the mess spread about the place.

" I need help packing my trunk could you help me Harry? "Meg pipes up while her nose is stuck in the book she is reading.

" I can tell you what to put inside but I'm not packing it for you " I inform her sternly and plop down onto the midnight blue carpet.

Meg nods quickly and places her book back down onto her pillow. Her eyes wander over to the other bed on the other side of the room beside the Violet wall.

The urge to ask where her twin was surfaced. But Meg spoke before I could enquire their whereabouts.

" Clyde is under his bed watching something called 'Anime' " Meg spoke quietly as though her brother would hear her.