f ø u r | sage gøes døwn with the ship

Josh dropped Sage off at her apartment, grinning like an idiot.

Glancing at the clock when he got home, he noticed with a start that it was almost 6:30 pm. He rushed into his room, changed quickly, grabbed his gym bag, and hustled out the door. He made it to Martinelli's with a minute to spare, and Eddie smirked at him.

"Any later and you probably would have been doing pushups until you yaked." Eddie said, and Josh let out a low chuckle. "JISH!" A voice yelled from behind him and Josh felt a weight on his back. He twisted to look over his shoulder and saw the usual suspect: Tyler Joseph.

"Hey, bud." Josh grinned, and Tyler slipped off of the larger's back. He sat with Josh on the bench, cracking jokes and singing while Josh taped his hands. "What's got you in such a good mood?" Josh asked him, and Tyler grinned wider, if that was possible. "I'm gonna take Jenna on a date." He said, and Josh raised an eyebrow. "Jenna? As in Jenna Black?"

Tyler nodded, his eyes shining. Josh smiled widely, clapping Tyler on the shoulder. "Way to go, Tyjo! I knew she'd say yes." He said, pulling on a boxing glove and letting Tyler lace it up.

"Thanks, fren. I'm excited about this girl." He said, tying the laces of Josh's glove impeccably. Josh grinned as Tyler fixed up his other glove as well, standing and shrugging off his shirt. "Dun! Hurry the fuck up!" Eddie called, and Josh grimaced at Tyler before heading over to the trainer to start his workout.

Sage's phone buzzed as she was eating dinner, and she picked it up to see a message on her screen from Jenna, one of her best friends.

Message from: j-bean

HELP OMG TYLER ASKED ME ON A DATE WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I WEAR I THINK IM GONNA THROW UP I AM ACTUALLY IN LOVE WITH THIS BOY HELP HELP HELP

Message to: j-bean

OMG WHAT

NO WAY JOSE

okay you're FaceTiming me asap so we can figure out what you're wearing omggg

As Sage was texting Jenna, another text notification popped up on her screen.

Message from: tyler joseph

SAGE GUESS WHAT

Message to: tyler joseph

WHAT

Message from: tyler joseph

I ASKED JENNA OUT ON A DATE AND SHE SAID YES I THINK I MIGHT CRY

OR THROW UP

OR BOTH

I JUST

WOW

SHES THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IVE EVER SEEN AND I DONT WANNA SCREW THIS UP

IM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH HER

Message to: tyler joseph

OH MY GOD I SHIP IT

I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP

GET IT TYLER

BOI IM PROUD OF U

YAS

Sage was squeaking like a stuck pig as she read Tyler and Jenna's simultaneous texts, both of whom were professing equal amounts of love for each other, and Sage could barely handle it.

Within ten minutes, she had both agreed to helping Jenna figure out what she was gonna wear, and to help Tyler figure out where he was taking Jenna/what her favorite type of flowers were.

The answers to those questions were, respectively, a dress and shoes that Sage had given Jenna as presents because they went well together, a tiny but romantic Central Park café, and a combination of daffodils, baby's breath, and daisies.

She was suffering from secondhand puppy love, watching Tyler and Jenna, and hoping that it would someday happen to her.

Perhaps with a certain red haired person who liked to fight and had the most dazzling smile she'd ever seen in her life.

Perhaps with a guy named Josh Dun.

Sage quickly brushed the thought away, her mind completely glossing over the fact that he'd already showed up to take her to lunch, given her not one but two nicknames, and given her a beautiful bouquet of red roses.

For now, she decided, she'd go down with her own personal OTP ship (Besides Rose and the Ninth Doctor of course, she wasn't an idiot) of Tyler and Jenna and live vicariously through them.

Josh finished pounding the stuffing out of the punching bag with Eddie yelling in his ear, and collapsed on the gym bench next to Tyler. He watched as his love struck best friend typed rapidly, most likely to Jenna.

"You better slow down there, dude, or your fingers will fall off." Josh cautioned playfully as Tyler typed, slipping his gloves back into his gym bag and unwrapping his hands.

"Oh shut up." Tyler blushed, and Josh laughed, toweling off his cherry red hair. When Josh was ready to go, Tyler stood too, slipping his phone in his pocket.

"Hey Ty, wanna come over and watch the X Files with me? I have Ben and Jerry's in the freezer." Josh said, and Tyler's eyes lit up. "Hell yeah I do!" Josh chuckled at Tyler's reaction, and swung his gym bag up onto his shoulder.

"You are literally the only reason I have a spare bedroom." Josh joked, throwing an arm around his best friend's shoulders. Tyler grinned, walking lacadasically next to Josh. "Oh come on, I'm sure I'm not the only reason." He said, and Josh raised an eyebrow. "What other reason would I have?"

Tyler wiggled his eyebrows at Josh, saying, "Oh I don't know, isn't there a girl named Sage in your life right now?" Josh huffed, his face turning red. "N-no, she's not really--" He stuttered, his tongue betraying him and forcing him to stumble over his words.

"Ha! Busted!" Tyler grinned, playfully punching Josh in the side. "You totally like her!"

Josh rolled his eyes, and in the back of his mind, a little voice nagged at him.

He's totally right.