chapter one

just some plain ole fluff. nothing angsty. a little break from all the sad ryden fics out there. enjoy.

• • •

"lay like lions in the sand..
one day we'll settle in seattle"
-Ryan Ross, February 6th 2006

•••

I opened my eyes reluctantly. They were bleary, and I had trouble making out the blinding numbers staring at me from my bedside.

6:08 AM

I sighed, looking out the window. I could barely see, but I knew that it would be spotted with rain from the small pitter patter I heard.

I rested my head once again on my pillow, staring at the wall, aware of the arms wrapped around my waist, listening to one of the most calming things in the world. Besides music, of course. With my free hand I pulled the sheets to my chin. I then rested it on one of the hands holding me.

The sun slowly crept up, making it's nearly insignificant presence known in this rainy weather. I watched the room fill with a soft bright glow, trying to pull myself back to sleep. I could feel the restlessness bubbling up inside me already, but I didn't want to move the arms holding me protectively.

Sighing, I placed my hand upon longer,bonier ones and picked it up. It was heavy, it's owner still dead asleep. I lifted it and turned, relieved with the change of position.

I threw the hand over me again and snaked my own around the slim figure that was pressed against mine. I pulled it closer to me and rested my head against the one mirroring me.

He smiled slightly, noticeably biting his cheek in an effort to still appear asleep. He opened his eyes slowly, and the glazed earthy brown stared back into mine, amused.

"Hi," I said lamely.

He laughed softly. "Hi."

"Do you want to get up?"

Small laugh.

"The fuck? Who do you think I am?"

"Well, I can't exactly go back to sleep like you. How do you do it? I swear, you're part bear."

Eye roll.

"If you can't go back to sleep then you should definitely make me breakfast."

Grunt.

"Eh, fuck you."

Smirk.

"I'm still tired from last night, but if you're so horny maybe you should just make me breakfast.."

"How would that take care of my horniness? Do you want me to cum on your toast?"

"You're gross, I'm kinkshaming you."

"You started it, and don't you dare even start..."

"Okay, okay. On one condition?"

I tried to fight a smile, rolling my eyes and turning my nose up.

"What..?" I said grudgingly, knowing what he was going to say. I secretly loved it though.

"You gotta kiss me!" He said, smiling so widely his eyes were mere slits and wrinkles formed at the sides.

I pushed myself up with one arm and positioned myself over him. I lowered my head and kissed his cheek. Then the side of his mouth. Then a little peck on his mouth.

He whined, closing his eyes and throwing his arms around my neck. "Weaaaaaak," he drawled.

He lifted his head to meet my lips with his own, pulling me down and deepening the kiss.