Misconceptions

You flittered outside the chattering classroom, away from the confused-looking Maizono. "I hope he's all right, although he's probably fine." You thought, a stone forming in the pit of your stomach. 

You searched down hallways, glancing into empty classrooms, even scittering down the library

You searched down hallways, glancing into empty classrooms, even scittering down the library. All you saw was Ms. Hinata organizing books once again. She gave you a candy to cool your worries. Noting could have prepared you from what you saw. While, rushing past another hallway you saw a glimpse of white hair. You pressed your body to the wall retracing your steps. Peeking from the corner your eyes widened. There making out on the side of the wall was Naegi and Kirigiri. Your eyes watered while your throat felt hot. You dashed away, your feet trying to take you elsewhere while you cleared your mind.

 You dashed away, your feet trying to take you elsewhere while you cleared your mind

Togami POV

I watched her run away, tears in her eyes. Looking back in the corner, Naegi took notice of the sound, moving away from Kirigiri to investigate. I knew he caught a glimpse of (Y/N)'s hair because he immediately ran after her calling out her name. For me, I felt more downcast then ever.

 "Does she like him ? It's probably why she would cry when she saw them like that." I put a hand on my face, adjusting my glasses. 

"Why do I care, it's none of my business." I stuffed my hands in my pockets. No matter how much I tried to convince my body, my mind wouldn't have that way of thinking. Just the thought of (Y/N) crouched up, crying on the floor sent shivers down my spine. "A gentleman would comfort her, and  . . . I could get her in debt to me." I smiled to myself, making the decision to help her. 

I followed the direction Naegi and (Y/N) ran off too,  moving closely behind. I finally caught up with Naegi watching him run past a hallway. I was about to follow him when I saw a closet door creak. (Y/N) came out, making sure Naegi left by looking both ways, before she slipped away. I caught her by surprise stepping in front of her. 

I saw a slight glance of her puffy red eyes before she hid them with her bangs. Now that I was in this situation, I couldn't think of any words to say. So we just stood there awkwardly, me having one hand on her arm. The more time passed, the more I was seeming like a creepy stalker. " U-um, uh. Are . . .  you okay?" I finally stuttered out. 

She wiped her eyes and looked up at me, confused." Hmm, what's the problem?" 

~

Back To The 3rd Person

You looked at him with confused eyes. "Hellooo?" You waved your hands in front of his face for the second time today.

 "Uh, weren't you crying a few moments ago?' he asked. You rolled your eyes. "Do you think I cried because I was jealous or something?" He nodded, still trying to process your weird actions. He expected you to already be crying on his arms at this point. 

" I was SAD  because my poor cute little Naegi was finally growing up. Do you know that was probably his first kiss, I'm sad because I couldn't get a picture and spam it to everyone, while using it as blackmail." You said as if it was obvious. You both were quiet. He sighed, "You're a weird one." " No I'm not. It's kind of a joyous occasion when your first friend got his first girlfriend."You retorted.

 "Whatever, I don't know why I came anyway." He started to walk away. You bit your lip, wanting the conversation to go on longer." Hey, I  uh, appreciate you coming to cheer me up. The old Toothpick wouldn't have done a thing about this. So, thanks." You rubbed your arm. He kept on walking so you didn't know if your words fazed him, but you decided not to press on making your way to your classroom in the opposite direction.

 "Hey, you know. I'm kind of happy that you didn't say you liked Naegi."You looked back looking at Togami's back. " Huh? Why?" You asked. He didn't answer finally disappearing behind a sharp turn. You looked at the corner before looking at the floor. 

"For some reason, I wish he could've stayed longer." You spoke out loud, making your way back to your homeroom,

~

The day passed in the quiet room. You and Sensei cracking jokes, while you spammed Naegi on his phone, which was your idea of fun. Sensei excused himself to the bathroom. While currently texting Maizono in class, you didn't notice a person creeping up behind you. You felt warm breath on your neck and you rolled eyes. " Please, personal space Sen . . . " You turned around, your eyes widening. A tall blonde stood in front of you, a menacing face looking straight at you.

 A tall blonde stood in front of you, a menacing face looking straight at you

"Marco?!"

################################################################################

Hope you liked the chapter, sorry for the shortness. I couldn't stretch this out any longer, but I'm sure the next one will be longer. Thanks for reading.

I'm so happy my reads are going up.

See ya!