t w o;

As the night goes by, people start leaving, except my parents. Ever since David Mills won gobernor the last time, my parents welcomed him in the world of politics and they became good friends. So I was watching them talk and drink, a few tables away, with Mills' son. Charlie.

I looked at him, and he was staring at his glass of champagne, rubbing his hands on his thighs.

"You are not gonna drink that, are you?" I asked, making him snap his head at me. He pushed the glass towards me and said no with his head. I took it in my hands and started drinking it slowly. And that's when I catched Charlie looking at me, frustrated. "What?"
"Who are you?"

"Umm... well, I Lilian Wood, my parents are over there, yours and mine are pals." I looked at my parents, hoping to see them saying goodbye to the Mills but, they were far from doing it. So I just stayed there with now two empty glasses of champagne in front of me.

"Oh." Charlie stood up and pulled me towards the exit of the tent. The party took place in the Mills' beach house, and there's where we ended up, in the beach. Sitting in the sand, not even talking to each other, just looking at the sea. In a uncomfortable silence. "Our parents, they spend a lot of time together?" tryinf to break the ice, but making everything more tense.

"Uh, yeah. They go to the club every friday night, if that's what you mean. And sometimes our moms go to brunch." Charlie laughed and looked at me. "What? Did I say something wrong? I thought you and your parents were on good terms."

He laid on the sand and closed his eyes. "We are, we are." and that was the end of our conversation. For the rest of the night, I just sat there freezing, with Charlie lying next to me, breathing, too loud. The night was okay, nothing I haven't seen before, a dark sky, so dark that you couldn't tell where the line dividing the sea and the sky was. The moon looked tiny and thin, no stars, the only light coming was from the houses, that's how you knew where the waves were coming. I was bored but, I didn't want to go back to the house, I knew the only thing I could do there, was watch tv or sit at the table with them and say nothing. So I decided to stay there. And that's when I felt a hand on my lower back. "Can you tell me what your name is again please?" I pushed his hand off me and moved a few inches away from him.

"Lilian, Lilian Wood."