2

Aviana's POV

"I'm home ...walls."

I sighed . This is routine . I come home to receive the warm welcome of my family . I have a freaking fantastic family. It's all warm conversations and loving hugs .

Actually it is more like living in the dormitory of an unknown school without a roommate.

My family is more like a bank loan which supports my education in the hopes of getting rid of me . They never wanted me and the few who waste their precious time talking to me never miss a chance to let me know that . So yeah , I have a financially stable house and a family which is not abusive and wants nothing from me . I must be so happy. Just ignore the indifference and its bliss.

I live comfortably in my own upholstered room and have maids to take care of my things but even they don't talk to me . They have probably been instructed not to talk to the leech . That is all I am in this house , an unwanted pest draining the resources . They are counting days to my death or me moving out .

All this has made me an introvert . I don't really talk to anyone except in inevitable circumstances . For this I am ridiculed and avoided in school. At least those who ridicule me notice my existence .

I know that I am not worth loving by now but I can't help but love him . The guy I used to admire from far . I had no one to talk to so I tried keeping a diary after getting the idea from the famous Anne Frank .

I ended up only writing about him . He had such a happy life and I used to long for that but few days in the last year changed that . I realised he wasn't living in a utopia .

In the senior year of my high school , we started meeting once a week . I wasn't his friend but a silent listener . It was a foreign feeling , having someone to confide in me . It made me feel almost human , almost worthy of being alive . He is the only person I love . Though he does not reciprocate my feelings , I care about him so much . At least he thought me to be worthy enough to tell his secrets . I know he went away with no plan of returning but I will always care about him and wait for him . Kiaan .

Kiaan's POV

I used to feel that I was the luckiest person alive with the loveliest family . My father and mother were in love and my elder brother and me were like two peas in a pod . Though we were 3 years apart , we couldn't be more alike . But all that fell apart when my father cheated on my mother . We moved away from our hometown to try make it better but nothing worked out . They got divorced and my dad got custody of Seb and my mom mine . I don't know what happened but Sebastian also started to hate me and cut off all ties with us . So me and mom returned to Maithon and I completed my high school there . The last year of my school got really hard for me . My mom's soul was broken and she changed completely . She drowned her in work and stopped giving me time . I didn't blame her or want to weigh her down with my woes when she had more than her share to deal with . But even I am human and couldn't keep it all in . I was about to explode when by divine intervention I found a listener .

I used to see this girl with shy eyes and calm nature living opposite to our house . She always tried to remain invisible and never spoke but her auburn hair made her noticeable . I had my brother so I didn't make any effort on talking to her . She was always ridiculed , all through elementary and high school . I tried to stand up for her but we never got along to be friends .

This redhead girl turned out to be a wonderful listener . Though maybe it had to do more with her disinterest in talking but it worked for me . No meddling in my business , no showing pity , no looking down on my vulnerability , no expectations just listening . That's what I wanted and that's what she was . In the time I knew her she just spoke one sentence .

" Never give up or else you won't know what's next . "

This sentence still rings in my mind when ever I'm feeling down . She probably doesn't know that she had a profound effect on my life . That her voice is the only thing that sometimes keeps me from falling over the edge into the deep gorge of insanity .

When I moved out after graduation with a dream of being a psychologist and create a difference in people's life , I just left her a cold note . She probably didn't feel my gratitude through it . It was factual , just stating that I'm moving . I felt a bit guilty but I was just protecting myself . If I became friends with her , I would eventually end up losing her in one way or the other . I can't deal with another loss .

Today , I am out of that wretched town and enrolled in one of the best universities , studying psychology and on the way to success . I hope to help people and someday meet that girl , though highly unlikely given I don't even know her name , and tell her how much she has helped me by just being there .

A.N : There. That is how I want to develop the plot . This was just to clear the past happenings and set the stage .

Let's see where this goes . Enough of my rambling . I just wanna ask how do you feel about this and give me ideas for betterment of the plot .

I love you lovelies . Have a nice day and review . vote .

Thea