3

Aviana's POV

I left that cold uncaring house that I was forced to call home . During those years , along with a very strong endurance , I developed a liking for sketching . I more or less was good in academics but best in art . That earned me the title of art freak . So the art freak is trying to pursue a career of art .

I got out of the house with nothing but a bit of saved money and my diary that I used to write and a change of clothes . My farewell was very warm . My so called father sent a message through the maids that I was to leave the next morning because I had wasted enough of their money and was over the legal age required to go on my own way . I could do nothing but leave . Next day early in the morning I was thrown out with a plane ticket to New York .

My father didn't want repayment , he just wanted me out . I know I tarnished their family name by being the freak I am so I am grateful for the ticket to New York . I hope I'll be able to do something with my life here .

NEXT MORNING

I wake up to the sounds of the busy street . Yes , the street . With absolutely no money I couldn't exactly get a room on rent so it was either bus stop or pavement for me . The bus stop is better . My first job today is to look for work . I plan to major in Art . That needs quite a bit of money and few art pieces . I didn't bring my old pieces so I have to make few new ones .

I get up from the bench after receiving weird looks from other people who probably thought that I was a rebellious teenager who's run away from home . I am not wearing rags so homeless girl is crossed off the list .

My grumbling stomach reminded me that I hadn't eaten in hours . I drag myself up and gather my few belongings and set out to look for a cafe or something .

Kiaan's POV :

New York is a very busy and lively place . I'm again in awe of it . When we moved here with my whole family it seemed different but now being here completely on my own after my year in Maithon, it seems even more majestic .

My mother provided me with some funding to rent a flat and buy food but then I had to earn myself . My tuition is on scholarship so I am not struggling too much with money . The city being so populous , I easily found a job at a cafe easily . So here I am working in Jared's as a server and alternate cashier . The pay is enough to support rent and food and still have some money left .

I looked up from my cashier's seat and saw a tiny person with a mess of red hair enter . Her face was down and she had a small rucksack clutched in hand . She shuffled along slowly and chose a secluded corner to sit down . Seeing no one free , I was about to go and see what she needed when I suddenly realised that it was her . That girl from my hometown . The quiet one . I couldn't believe my eyes . She looked so different , sitting there gazing out at the crowded street . Her face had a hardness that I recognised as determination .

Seeing a work mate of mine pass by , I chickened out and sent him to get her order . We weren't actually friends back in Maithon and to be honest I was a bit embarrassed . So I decided to remain incognito . I heard her order a plain black coffee from where I was standing attending to a family of three . I was terribly confused . What would she be doing here looking so forlorn with a staunch determination in her eyes ? From my time back in Maithon, I knew her father was a very rich and respected businessman . He could've easily sent his daughter to some posh university in a richer locality . What could she be doing here in such a cheap cafe ? Unable to retain my curiosity , I took my place back as a cashier and when she came to pay for her order , I gathered up courage and looked up at her in anticipation of recognition in her eyes .

I know she knew who I was but wasn't sure what to say .

I blurted out , " 75 cents "

She looked confused " Huh !? "

" For the coffee ." I said , slightly amused .

"Oh yeah " she said , while digging in her backpack .

" What are you doing here in New York ? " I asked , genuinely curious . I knew she wasn't big on talking so I was a bit surprised when she actually answered .

" Um , that's a long story . To come to the point , I was thrown out with a ticket to New York and no knowledge of what to do and where to go ." she said, with a sigh.

" So, where are you staying ? " I asked , not wanting to pry in her private matter .

" Nowhere . " she said " I don't actually have money to rent a room so no clue . "

" Do you know anyone here ? "

" Nope , except you that is ."

Her statement caught me off guard . Did we know each other ? I was familiar with her so I guess .

" Yeah . Um.. So what will you do now ? "

" Look for a place to work and an empty bus station to sleep in . " she said , as a matter of factly .

" You could stay with me " I don't know what cane over me to say that but I did . I think I wanted to do something for her after all the things she's done for me .

" Huh ! " I could tell that she was shell shocked .

" You wouldn't mind keeping me with you ?"

" No , I guess . "

" Well ,I don't have anywhere to go and this city looks dangerous so I might take you up on the offer . " she said .

" That's great . Um... I'll just wrap up here and get going ."

" Sure ."

A.N : Hey , there !!!! Another update today . I seriously have no clue where I'm going with this but hope you like it .

Review and tell me how you feel about the story line and give me possible plotlines . Love you all . Byee .

Have a great night and day

Thea