::5::

I woke up in a hospital with Elizabeth gripping my arm and a nurse trying to comfort her.

"TOBIAS!" she screamed, starring above me.

I groaned.

"Oh my gosh Tobias! You're alive!" she cried.

I started losing my thoughts and I heart the heart monitor go blank.

Crying, gone.

And that's when I realized, at first Elizabeth wanted to travel the stars, be among them, fly past them, then she met me, she fell in love like I did, she wasn't alone anymore. In the end, I was now one of those stars. Billions and billions of miles away from Earth, staring down at night, protecting the world like a guardian angel.

Bright light--it's God isn't it?

I saw his face, such a kind, soft face. He stared at me with a soft smile and open arms.

"I can't go right now." I heard myself scream. "I need to watch my daughter grow up, I need to watch Elizabeth go into space, I can't go right now."

He nodded, understanding.

And I felt myself coming back. But I never did, I only got a flash forward. I saw Elizabeth grieving and I saw Layla ask for me, and I watched Layla grow up, and fall in love, and get married, and have kids.

I watched Elizabeth die. She had joined me in heaven. Together, we watched Layla live.

In all, we thought Elizabeth's cancer would get her before she could live. We were wrong, she wasn't separated from me, I was separated from her. Now we were stars, watching over our daughter, protecting her like Guardian Angels from the night sky.