nine

shortly after,i bid the three park's a small goodbye before walking back home.

i bump into a tall figure and apologize.

"sorry bout this,"i said picking up his books and bowing.

"it's alright,it's practically my fault too.."he smiled pushing his glasses up.

he wore a grey sweater  and black sweatpants.he looked like a college student,or a really handsome professor.

"let me help you,you might bump into people if you bring this much books,"i said taking some of his books.

he nodded and smiled as we walked into jihoon's neighbourhood.

"oh,do you live in this neighbourhood too?strange,i've never seen you here,"i said.

"nope,i just came back from studying overseas,i'm staying at my brother's,"he said.

"oh,i see..what's your brother like?"he asked.

"that guy,he's very quiet and collected,but when we were younger,he was really lovely,he often helped me out and we played really often,"he said.

"but now,he doesn't really talk to me,nor look at me,well it's not like he can.."he mumbled the last part.

"he can't?what do you mean by that?"i asked.

"he's blind,he lost his sight due to my stupid actions,"he said as we arrived in front of jihoon's house.

that's when i realized,that was jihoon's brother.

he rang the doorbell as jihoon said,"coming!" from inside.

"well i'll see you around,mm?"he said.

"alright um.."i said asking for his name.

"jonghyun,call me jonghyun,add an occasional 'oppa' if you want,"he said.

"alright,i'll see you around,"i said rushing off back home.

i shut the door behind me as i thought about what had just been
shared to me.

i took out a book and jotted down notes.

'how jihoon lost his sight'

let's start with the beginning.

park jihoon and park jonghyun were great brothers until an argument sparked between them.

the cause,time and date of the argument,remains unknown.

sikyeong said it happened about two years ago,which was when jihoon was in year ten,

which would mean jonghyun would have been in year twelve at the time of the incident.

what do boys fight about at this age?girls?money?

both of them came from the same family,encountered the same things,what could have made them start hating each other?

i put my pencil down and had a shower.

shortly after putting on my clothes,i got a phone call from one of my friends,jinyoung.

j- hello?kyeongie?

             k-yes?what is it jinyoung?

j- where were you?the hellhole teacher was so frantic at us for getting low marks as she praised your paper

             k- oh,i was um..i overslept

j- you only say 'um' whenever you lie,tell me the truth

         k- i slept really late last night                       
j-psh..you little liar,open your door,i'm coming over

j-you're at home right?

        k- mmmm

would jinyoung..

nah he hasn't even met the boy.

the door opened to reveal the small-faced boy.

"what cha writing?"he asked taking the book from my hands.

"oi! don't look at it! it's private!"i said taking the book back.

"who's jihoon?"he asked softly.

"a friend of mine,"i answered.

"who's blind?"he asked as i nodded.

"so are you trying to find out what happened to him?"i nodded.

"ok first tell me about this research that you did,"he said.

i explained to him as he nodded throughout it.

"i think..it's probably about a girl!that's what my cousins fought about,now they're ok tho,"he said.

"jihoon and his brother went to an all boys school,so the chance of that happening is veru small,plus,jihoon told me he only had feelings for one person,which was his ex,"i said.

"mmm..true..then probably about..status?i think his brother was ashamed of having a blind brother?"he asked.

i shook my head.

"jihoon wasn't born blind,more like his eyesight was damaged leading to his blindness,"i answered.

i tapped my pen on the table a few times before realizing what i was doing.

i was curious of the boy.

i wanted to know what was going on his life that he wasn't telling me.

i wanted to know why he can't tell me why he became blind.

"hey,aren't you late to that small gig you promised to do at that nearby restaurant?"he asked.

"oh that,should i?"i asked as he nodded.

"of course you should! you know daehwi wanted to see you perform!"he said as i stuck out my tongue and took a shower shortly after as he watched tv.

after getting ready,jinyoung and i left the house and headed straight to the restaurant.