[14] Re-introducing Frank

"G-gee?!" I heard a surprised voice speak as its owner knelt down by my side, "G-gee what's wrong?!"

Mikey shook me gently as he tried desperately to get me to peel my eyes from the floor, but I refused. I didn't want to look at anything else but this small patch of mudded grass, the spot where Frank had been last...but he was gone.

"G-Gee what's happened?" Mikey asked again.

I shrugged my shoulders, barely having enough energy to form words and spit them out, I never make any sense to anyone anyway so why should I even try. My stomach seemed to boil its contents as my lungs seemed to shrink so that I struggled for air. My vision became slightly blurred, just so that everything seemed slightly out of focus and Mikeys voice became low and distant. Being under water is the best way that I can describe this, drowning and watching the surface slowly slip from your grasp.

"G-Gee?!" I heard Mikey whisper from a million miles away. I tried to reply but clutched my stomach as I threw up to my side.

"G-gee?!" Mikeys blurred outline asked me. "It's okay. I w-will look after you."

I saw a hand reach into the water and desperately cling to my hand, heaving me up through the swirling currents of the water. My lungs gasping for air with my ribs screaming and crushing my body but the arm led to a body who was pulling me to the surface. My head broke the surface and I took in all of the air and relaxed as I floated on the surface of the water with the sun rays dancing onto my skin. The person still gripped me as they pulled me onto the boat that floated peacefully along the water. I instantly recognised the face as belonging to my brother.

"Mikey...what are you doing?" I asked as I sat on the deck of the boat.

"Um, well, um, I-I helped you up from the floor, a-and you are now s-safe in my car." His voice spoke softly but broken.

"Wait what? A car?!" I snapped back into reality. There was no boat or water or Mikey on a boat or me still soaked from the water. There was no sun (for the time being), I was indeed sat in Mikey's car in the car park with my head resting against the window and a worried Mikey sat next to me. Hm, maybe the whole boat thing was just a giant metaphor but anyway...I'm in a car now not a boat.

"Sorry." I whispered, clutching my head and turning back around to face Mikey. The car was still in the car park, still parked and it was still a car. Mikey smiled gently at me, his quiff still falling slightly to the right hand side but this time I knew that the darkness under his eyes wasn't from smudged eyeliner...not anymore. He tapped his fingers against the steering wheel and looked towards me.

"Are y-you okay Gee?" He asked.

"Frank has gone." I said after taking a deep breath.

"W-where has he gone?" Mikey stuttered, but unlike Liam would he wasn't mocking me. No. He actually understood.

"I don't know but he has left me."

"Has he left y-you on purpose or did he h-have to go?"

"He had to leave."

"And do y-you miss him?"

I nodded glumly.

"Is h-he ever coming back?"

"I don't think so..." I whispered.

"Come here g-gee!" Mikey sighed, pulling me into his chest and hugging me, I hugged back as I realised that I had Mikey now. I had a brother. I had a friend. I simply melted into the hug and felt some of my worries vanish.

"Where will we go now?" I muttered into his ear.

"I dunno.." Mikey replied, still holding onto me for dear life.