1

February. Only 4 more months until senior year is really over with. High school will no longer be a part of my life. Thank goodness because the last three years have nothing but full of torture and drama.
     It's lunch time so I'm waiting for my friend,  Belle, just outside the cafeteria so we can sit together. While waiting for her, I sat on the bench, reading a  book from my phone. A hand covered my phone screen interrupting my reading.
     "Hey. I was reading something", I protested.
     "Yeah and I was standing here for a good two minutes waiting to get your attention",  Belle argued.
     "Sorry! I was really into this book I'm reading."
     "I see that", Belle chuckles. "Come on, let's go. I'm hungry."
     I got up from the bench and grabbed my bag, putting the strap on my shoulder and walked with Belle inside the cafeteria. We found a small table near the front by the register and settled ourselves.
     "So", Belle starts up another conversation. "Did you start looking for prom dresses?"
     "To be honest, I don't even know if I want to go at this point", I sadly said.
     Confused. "But why? It's your senior year. You only go to your own prom once in your life."
     "Well first, I don't have a date. Second, everyone is going to look beautiful and happy and I don't think I'll enjoy myself." So much for low self-esteem.
     "Hailey, what are you talking about? You're beautiful! Any guy would be lucky to be your date."
     "Yeah well when that happens, let me know if Cinderella found her shoe and met the love of her life, Prince Charming".
     I looked up only to see this boy has been glaring at me while he's on the lunch line. I keep looking back at him and looking away, I just don't know what to do. I put my hand close to my mouth, nervous, anxious, as to what's going to happen next. The blonde girl standing next to him on the line saw who he was exchanging looks with and slapped his arm.
     And I thought girls like her wouldn't want to break a nail or ruin her manicure for that matter.
     "Hailey, are you okay today? You seem out of it."
     "Yeah. It's just... who is that boy?" I pointed over. I described what he looks like. Dirty blonde hair, hazel/yellow eyes, nice smile, black hoodie, blue jeans, and green Nike sneakers.
     She turns back to me after getting a good look of the guy. "That's Justin. The and I mean the most popular guy in school. Why do you ask?"
     "Because he keeps glaring over at me and I have no idea why."
     "Don't overthink it. It must mean nothing."
     "Yeah. You're probably right."
     After talking with Belle about this mystery, Justin and the girl, Brittany walked passed by our table. Brittany caught Justin looking over at me. She made a disgusted face. While she went to open her mouth to say something to Justin, she locked eyes on me.
     "Don't even think about it Justin. You're with me now. I'm your girlfriend, not this piece of trash."
     Belle placed her hands on the table, stands up only to say something back to Brittany.
    "Listen here, missy", Belle begins. "Hailey is so pretty and nice. I feel sorry for you" and she points at Justin. "For being stuck with this piece of trash."
     I held Belle's wrist, tugging her down to sit. There's no need for a fight. But after all, high school is full of drama.
     "Oh. And what are you gonna do about it?", Brittany sasses.
     "I think we should go", I insisted.
     "You're lucky I'm not going to argue with you".
     "Good. Now run along, children."
     "Ugh!" Belle and I gathered our lunches and trash and headed to the garbage can. Looking down at my lunch that I barely touched, I threw out my whole down there. Then, we walked away from the cafeteria and waiting outside the cafeteria. You know, where I met up with Belle.
     "Are you okay?" Belle asks in concern.
     "Yeah. I'm fine." I lied.