18

Week 1. He was only allowed to get in contact with his mom telling him a script he had to read letting her know that he got to the island safely and that he will be in contact with her soon but for now, I have to go start my training.

     Week 2. Letters were being sent. Justin told me that when he has his free time available, he will try to read my letter and write as much as he can so I can know sooner than later that he's doing okay and that he's safe and all.

Dear Hailey,
Let me start by saying I miss you so much! I can't wait to be in your arms again. It's already week 2 and so far, this is hard. Everyone here is just annoying and we are all on each other's bad side. None of us wants to be training in full uniform with the sun shining on us in ninety degree weather down here. The food is good. I'm learning so much. But I wish I was with you instead. You're nicer than the people here who screams at me with the top of their lungs and you take care of me. I miss being taken care of. Oh, baby, I miss you so so much. I can't wait to kiss you, see you, hold you, but I know one day, I'll see you so soon. 3 months will fly by. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. I gotta go now. See you soon. I love you ❤️.
Love,
Justin.

I cried, I smiled, I giggled, and you can bet on this one, I read the letter over and over again. He finally is talking to me. I reached over to my desk where my supplies are and sat down, beginning as to figuring out what to say to him.

Dear Justin,

It has been the hardest 2 weeks of my life. I miss seeing you, seeing your name pop up on my phone, holding you, kissing you, being with you. I miss everything about you. I'm counting down the weeks until you graduate from boot camp. 11 more weeks. I love you so much! I probably haven't said this to you lately, but I'm so proud of you for doing such an amazing thing. I think it's a good opportunity for you especially when you start your career. I believe in you. I'll be your #1 supporter in all this even if we have complications along the way. I'm starting to pack up for when I move in to college. Hopefully, I'll see your graduation ceremony and you when I don't have classes. Don't change too much on me. I still want you to be my handsome boy. I miss you. I love you and I'll talk to you soon, love.

Love,

Hailey.

I folded the piece of paper into the size of the envelope, sealed it, and put it outside in the mailbox. Just in time. The mailman is zipping through my neighborhood. I went back inside and sat by my bay window, watching the mailman take the envelope, putting it in the container that is suppose to be sent out with the rest of them and watch him leave when he puts junk mail in the box. When, he disappear, I started to get my storage containers and folded my clothes. Here's to the next eleven weeks and spending 4 years at High Point University. Here's to the next 2 huge chapters that are still being written in my book. Here's to me. Making it through all this somehow, someway.