The One

"Why do I have to come?" He asked. Not hiding his irritation.

His mother give him a glare.

huh! I don't fucking care.

Of course he didn't say that out loud. Surely his father would have killed him by then.

"Because it is important."

"It's just some party. A birthday fucking party!"

"Watch your language son" His dad chastised. Walking slowly and ties in hand.

"Shit. Is that a fucking TIE dad?!"

"Language son, language." His mom chided this time. "And yes TIES. That thing you put around your neck resting under the shirt collar of you--"

"I know what it is Mom. Or for what it is. And NO. I'm absolutely not going to wear one. No fucking way!" He exclaimed in horror.

People may find this exaggerated but for the love of hell, ties irritates him to core. He doesn't like the feeling of having something around his neck. I feel suffocated to say the least.

"Yes you will. And you wear it now." His father throw him the black one while his mother help him knot his.

"I don't want to! Oh come on Mom, Dad! Do I really have to go? this is crazy."

"huh! do you hear your son, hon? And here I thought he loves party like you do back then."

"Oh I love parties Mom, But not this kind of party! A ball? Isn't mid-century over? Who the fucking hell--"

"Language!" A glare from his father.

His hands up. And turn around to his mother.

"Mom... Please....." He pleaded making his eyes big, pouting his lips and on his knees baby talking his mother. OK. My friends would probably disown me if they'll ever saw me tonight. A 17 years old boy wouldn't do this anymore . Not for his man pride sake.

This maybe childish but he'd rather act silly than go to that birthday ball shits. Ooh that sounds like a real BULL shit.

"Stop doing that. For a 17 years old grown up boy, it's totally not adorable son. You look retarded. An ugly one at that. You will go. and that's final." My ever loving father just ruined my chance of freedom. damn.

"Come on son, you don't know you might find her tonight." Love you mom. My ever supporting mother, but...

"She WHO?"

"The One."

~~~

The ballroom is vast. Gold and black where everywhere. The stunning chandelier gives a classic touch of vintage age. Music are heard all over the room. And there he stood in his tailored suit with the tie his parents forcibly made him wore.

Scanning the dashing crowd. Looking for something that might interest him, for he is now bored to death to say the least.

With only an apple juice in hand. Only because he's not allowed to alcoholic drinks yet. huh. If they only knew.

He walks carefully, avoiding bumping to anyone specially crashing accidentally to those drunkards lot.

Not really knowing where to go, he just walks absentmindedly following the huge pillars of the ballroom where the party took place and just looking around. This is boring.

He didn't know where exactly he is now. He guess its not that far from the ballroom since he can still heard the music clearly but not loudly. The music is fading to its ending. And right there he found an Arc outside. A garden?