2066

The year was 2066.

All physical contact has been outlawed.

Hug dealers run their business at midnight.

Shady people hold hands at dusk.

Thrill-seekers kiss in dark alleys.

The forty-sixth president, Amanda Hoillcox, was tired of all of the deaths that dealt with sexually -transmitted diseases. So, in order to get rid of them, she banned any and all physical contact. Those who were caught touching any person, no matter the sex, were shunned by the country.

Now, there was an exception. After all, there has to be physical contact to have a child. Few people from each town were picked once a month to have sexual intercourse. If the woman was not ovulating at the time, then she and another man were to have sex until she conceived a child.

Not everyone is so accepting with this law. In 2056, there was an outbreak. Hundreds of men and women rebelled against the government, holding hands, hugging and kissing is front of political figures. Four hundred were killed and three hundred fifty were injured. Those that survived have not been found. It is believed that those who survived went back into the ways of society, accepting the law.

The year was 2066.

Angeline Nicole Dusen is the current president.

My name is Pacey Hollis Dusen.

I am President Dusen's daughter.

And this is my story.