i. malicious

When Mal Owens was a little girl, she was always sick

When Mal Owens was a little girl, she was always sick. Her immune system was failing her, leaving her in the hospital more often than she was out of it. When she was seven, a group approached Ellen and Elijah Owens, promising a serum and a procedure that could help Mal. It was supposed to help her immune system fight back against diseases - or, at least, that's what they were told.

HYDRA had taken advantage of the family's desperation and turned their daughter into a science experiment. The procedure turned Mal into a different person; her eyes blazed a bright green whenever she used her new terrifying powers. It worked though - Mal wasn't sick anymore, and she would never be sick again. But HYDRA couldn't keep the young girl and her family under wraps, the same way that the Owens couldn't hide from HYDRA forever.

HYDRA agents killed Ellen and Elijah Owens before moving to their young daughter. But, a traumatized young girl with newfound powers she didn't know how to control wasn't a good combination. Enter Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. They couldn't just lock the girl up in a cell for the rest of her life, it was unethical and cruel, even Fury knew that. So they helped. Once she could control her abilities, she was placed in the care of a foster family, that consisted of two mothers who were actually S.H.I.E.L.D. agents assigned to keep her safe and under control.

Now Mal is sixteen, and her foster mothers are trying to steer her towards a normal future. But everything changes when Nick Fury calls on Mal for help, because an out-of-control God wants to pick a fight with the wrong people.

mal owens ( the witch! )ELLIE BAMBER

mal owens
( the witch! )
ELLIE BAMBER

+

rosa alvarez, christian serratos
alexis alvarez, chyler leigh